First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So I been looking around for a solid response to this. I have not found any , if anyone has , please link the post in the reply.
Ok so maybe 10 or so times over the last year I've had this message pop up about the parking brake. Now , I just push the start button and everyone resumes normal. However , I got wondering about it and have found people taking the bronco in for a service call and then they get some service done and its costing more money to fix it and well , ultimately everyone has responded back saying the message still persist , as well as some saying they are having more issues than before they took them in.
This leads me to the conclusion that Ford itself, does not know what the issue is. So I can not help but wonder and feel humility for those spending more money to fix a problem that the dealers are just taking a wild guess at and coming up short but to the average person , they will believe the dealer over anyone else , after all , its a Ford product , why should they not know how to fix it right?
So looking at all the people having this issue , I have tried to find the common denominator with everyone and being that Ford is just guessing , I'll take a stab at what I think MAY be going on.
Common denominator is that this error MOSTLY appears just after opening the driver side door and entering the vehicle. So after doing some after market installs on things , one thing I noticed is the proximity clicks and various sounds that occur when the Key FOB gets close to the Bronco , you hear various clicks and things going on. Kinda like a start up sequence or preparation sequence for something. So I'm wondering if that sequence of events occurring is not somehow bugging the system out when you open the door at a very specific time while that sequence is going along. Like maybe its a difference of say 2.1 seconds after in range or 2.3 seconds , or something. It seems to be related to a very specific moment and not a mechanical thing as much as a software timing thing. I know that some have complained of mechanical failure , of course that could have been true , but the problem for them comes back , maybe the dealer told them mechanical failure and that was just a best guess. No idea.
I can not help but think if the sequence timing was changed that this event would cease to occur. Put the offsets more spread out , something? Who knows , just my 2 cents on it , I have done programming of with sequential things and I know that if two things are trying to do something at the same time and not offset , it could conflict with each other. Maybe the sensors in the door to unlock somehow conflicting with the parking brake sensor showing engaged or not? No idea , just a guess.
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
So I been looking around for a solid response to this. I have not found any , if anyone has , please link the post in the reply.
Ok so maybe 10 or so times over the last year I've had this message pop up about the parking brake. Now , I just push the start button and everyone resumes normal. However , I got wondering about it and have found people taking the bronco in for a service call and then they get some service done and its costing more money to fix it and well , ultimately everyone has responded back saying the message still persist , as well as some saying they are having more issues than before they took them in.
This leads me to the conclusion that Ford itself, does not know what the issue is. So I can not help but wonder and feel humility for those spending more money to fix a problem that the dealers are just taking a wild guess at and coming up short but to the average person , they will believe the dealer over anyone else , after all , its a Ford product , why should they not know how to fix it right?
So looking at all the people having this issue , I have tried to find the common denominator with everyone and being that Ford is just guessing , I'll take a stab at what I think MAY be going on.
Common denominator is that this error MOSTLY appears just after opening the driver side door and entering the vehicle. So after doing some after market installs on things , one thing I noticed is the proximity clicks and various sounds that occur when the Key FOB gets close to the Bronco , you hear various clicks and things going on. Kinda like a start up sequence or preparation sequence for something. So I'm wondering if that sequence of events occurring is not somehow bugging the system out when you open the door at a very specific time while that sequence is going along. Like maybe its a difference of say 2.1 seconds after in range or 2.3 seconds , or something. It seems to be related to a very specific moment and not a mechanical thing as much as a software timing thing. I know that some have complained of mechanical failure , of course that could have been true , but the problem for them comes back , maybe the dealer told them mechanical failure and that was just a best guess. No idea.
I can not help but think if the sequence timing was changed that this event would cease to occur. Put the offsets more spread out , something? Who knows , just my 2 cents on it , I have done programming of with sequential things and I know that if two things are trying to do something at the same time and not offset , it could conflict with each other. Maybe the sensors in the door to unlock somehow conflicting with the parking brake sensor showing engaged or not? No idea , just a guess.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

jharrell3623

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco 4 Door Outer Banks 2.7L Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.
Sent ya vin in message , Priority Ford Norfolk Virginia

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This happened a few times to me over the last year. The other day it happened when I pulled into my garage and was shutting off the vehicle. I also several times have had the infotainment system shut down and restart while I was driving. It tells me first, seems like it thinks there is low battery. A progress bar goes across the screen and it comes back on. Once when I first got the Bronco, I was at a red light and when ASS tried to kick back on the whole electrical system shut down. I sat there for about 2 mins and it decided to come back on again. Fun times.

Ford Bronco Parking Brake Error 1705609189468
Sponsored