First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey all... does anyone know if we can somehow delay, hang onto an early reservation... but just somehow delay until 2022 options are available? Or do we have to formally cancel and secure a new reservation at some later time? I am asking as a new reservation, to me, is unlikely to follow the same path as early reservations.

I am looking for a quick answer to those knowledgeable that can do just that.
Sponsored

Troy13

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota corolla
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The easiest way to do this would be to cancel and make a new reservation

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I believe dealers can hold orders, @Granger Ford has said they would be able to do this as they input the orders in order of reservation number.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

When I get time, I am going to call Ford about this. I too and one the fence, leaning 2022: mostly due to white top availability, but also to see what else they listened about and fixed.

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hey all... does anyone know if we can somehow delay, hang onto an early reservation... but just somehow delay until 2022 options are available? Or do we have to formally cancel and secure a new reservation at some later time? I am asking as a new reservation, to me, is unlikely to follow the same path as early reservations.

I am looking for a quick answer to those knowledgeable that can do just that.
Yes, just order a manual Sasquatch. You and your dealer will work together to update to 2022 MY when that B&P comes available.

Sponsored

Garbone

Big Bend
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1962 C10, 21 Mustang, 12 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is a bit of why I am getting a basic Base. There is a lot of stuff that "may" be in the 2022 MY that may not be offered in the 21 MY. Thinking in July when I get my Base and if we like the rig we may just buy the wife a 22 if they offer Green and we will know what top we want. I have a hard time spitting out more money than minimum for a rig sight unseen.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you play a dangerous game by cancelling and re-reserving. Ford has abandoned and removed the promise they had on the website that “All reservations will be built prior to dealer stock”. Thus, we know MY21 orders will be all reservations...but now in 22, they obviously are buckling to the big dealers and will be building stock orders with a few reservations sprinkled in. If you are at a small dealer you will likely be screwed with a late reservation that doesn’t get filled in 21.

OP
OP
KozMQZ

KozMQZ

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I get time, I am going to call Ford about this. I too and one the fence, leaning 2022: mostly due to white top availability, but also to see what else they listened about and fixed.
I'm curious to see how they respond.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Honestly, I may control the situation by deciding whether to lease or buy (we dont need to decide this until we take delivery). While we may not have transparency for items flagged for "late availability" in January, we will have more transparency when we take delivery of early reservations in July/August. I dont want to go without a Bronco for a year, so this seems like the best route. If there's a ton of stuff we realize we are missing out on, then i could do a sub 36 mos lease (perhaps 24) and then purchase a different build when the lease is up.

OP
OP
KozMQZ

KozMQZ

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you play a dangerous game by cancelling and re-reserving. Ford has abandoned and removed the promise they had on the website that “All reservations will be built prior to dealer stock”. Thus, we know MY21 orders will be all reservations...but now in 22, they obviously are buckling to the big dealers and will be building stock orders with a few reservations sprinkled in. If you are at a small dealer you will likely be screwed with a late reservation that doesn’t get filled in 21.
Right... my instincts, due to ordering via an allocation (not a reservation), as to a; 16 Focus RS, 17 Raptor, 18 RS... tell me that once you fall out of line or lose your allocation... you are in a position to deal with many new challenges with timing, dealership formulas, etc. I know my dealer at the time... asked if I wanted to hold off, etc. and said I could wait and place order on last day before next model year. But the 16RS allocations that were secured but late builds had the option of switching over to a 17 and they were allowed to resubmit changes on packages, etc. albeit no new options or colors were added. So curious to see what we can get away with by playing with timing and working an angle without starting over entirely.
Sponsored