First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I see order threads all over but you have to have a vin to look at anything. For those of us that are still waiting with only our order #s what does this mean?
How long on avg are people waiting for vins?
On behalf people without Vins we appreciate any guidance you can provide us!

(My order date is 5/18- BL, sas, 2.7, lux, softtop)
Sponsored

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I assume 5/18/21?

Talk to your dealer and ask them where are you inline. If you have 100 orders in front of you then it may be a long wait.

Trying to relate to others is not the way as other reservations may have 10 guys in front of them or 900 guys in front of them (Granger)

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s a tough pill to swallow, but there is no real process here. The only spots that can provide some unreliable understanding is to ask your dealer where you are in their order cue based on timestamp and then ask them how many allocations per month they expect to receive from Ford.

Then take that math and any assumptions you may have about what that means and throw it in the fire and walk away because the next layer is commodity restrictions. Which come and go.

So this then creates the reality that if your order has a commodity restriction it will be skipped over and the allocation will be given to a ā€œbuildable unitā€. Which in turn puts many of us into perpetual purgatory because our dealers annual allocation will be consumed by ā€œbuildable unitsā€. Which means many of the early reservation holders are wellā€¦.fucked.

good luck.

OP
OP

Hilltopper

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I assume 5/18/21?

Talk to your dealer and ask them where are you inline. If you have 100 orders in front of you then it may be a long wait.

Trying to relate to others is not the way as other reservations may have 10 guys in front of them or 900 guys in front of them (Granger)
Correct, 5/18/21 is my order date

OP
OP

Hilltopper

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Itā€™s a tough pill to swallow, but there is no real process here. The only spots that can provide some unreliable understanding is to ask your dealer where you are in their order cue based on timestamp and then ask them how many allocations per month they expect to receive from Ford.

Then take that math and any assumptions you may have about what that means and throw it in the fire and walk away because the next layer is commodity restrictions. Which come and go.

So this then creates the reality that if your order has a commodity restriction it will be skipped over and the allocation will be given to a ā€œbuildable unitā€. Which in turn puts many of us into perpetual purgatory because our dealers annual allocation will be consumed by ā€œbuildable unitsā€. Which means many of the early reservation holders are wellā€¦.fucked.

good luck.
The news @Ford posted about them releasing vehicles without chipsā€¦will this help with the purgatory?

Sponsored

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This applies all the same. :cool:

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How long on avg are people waiting for vins?
(My order date is 5/18- BL, sas, 2.7, lux, softtop)
No idea what the average is. I reserved on July 19 2020. Ordered on March 17 2021 and just got a VIN last week. So, for me, a year.

OP
OP

Hilltopper

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No idea what the average is. I reserved on July 19 2020. Ordered on March 17 2021 and just got a VIN last week. So, for me, a year.
Appreciate the heads up! So about a year to get a VIN. What config did you order and also Congratulations on getting the VIN.

Broncos 4 evah

Black Diamond
First Name
Erich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Not so fast skippy.

July 14 Reservation. March 10, 2021 order. As of today NO VIN.
Of course I want a 2dr Black diamond sasquatch with tow pkg.

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
MoonbeamšŸ‘€
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't understand how you have an order placed on March 2021. Didn't you have to reorder for MY22 in Oct 2021 like everyone else?

Sponsored

Ramble_Offroad

Badlands
First Name
Nels
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 2D JK on 35ā€™s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The news @Ford posted about them releasing vehicles without chipsā€¦will this help with the purgatory?
I donā€™t know. We all want to receive our orders ASAP, obviously. I donā€™t really want to get into it again but I see this ā€œshipping incompleteā€ wrinkle as a very bad sign.

Last edited:

GroovyGhost

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't understand how you have an order placed on March 2021. Didn't you have to reorder for MY22 in Oct 2021 like everyone else?
Yes. My OG order was March 17th. That's what still appears on Ford.com. I did re-order in October 2021. OBX 2.7 Advanced MIC Tow Lux A51.
Sponsored