Sponsored

Places in Texas to race high speed dirt tracks like at Off-Roadeo?

saguarothebronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrack 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
At the very end of our Off-Roadeo excursion at the Horseshoe Bay location in Texas, we did a ~3 mile high speed dirt track with a ton of tight turns and it was the most fun I've ever had in a vehicle. Our guide told us not to go over 25, but that felt surprisingly fast on the dirt track (and I may have also seen the speedo hit 30 once or twice). Does anybody know of places in the Dallas area (or Texas in general) where I can do more of this type of thing?
Sponsored

emulous74

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 ZR2 Bison D , '23 Bronco 2DR, MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At the very end of our Off-Roadeo excursion at the Horseshoe Bay location in Texas, we did a ~3 mile high speed dirt track with a ton of tight turns and it was the most fun I've ever had in a vehicle. Our guide told us not to go over 25, but that felt surprisingly fast on the dirt track (and I may have also seen the speedo hit 30 once or twice). Does anybody know of places in the Dallas area (or Texas in general) where I can do more of this type of thing?
Rally Ready Driving School (near Austin) has "Truck" day races/events open to the public. I did it pre-pandemic (2018) in my old gas ZR2 Colorado and it was a blast. I didn't really think of it as a race, but as a learning experience of my truck's dynamics, abilities, etc.

Here's a POV video of the track from a friend that ran another ZR2:

Here's a link to the school:

https://rallyready.com/pages/tore-racing

I don't know how things have changed there, but it was a great group of guys that ran it back in 2018.

OP
OP
saguarothebronco

saguarothebronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrack 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Rally Ready Driving School (near Austin) has "Truck" day races/events open to the public. I did it pre-pandemic (2018) in my old gas ZR2 Colorado and it was a blast. I didn't really think of it as a race, but as a learning experience of my truck's dynamics, abilities, etc.

Here's a POV video of the track from a friend that ran another ZR2:

Here's a link to the school:

https://rallyready.com/pages/tore-racing

I don't know how things have changed there, but it was a great group of guys that ran it back in 2018.
Thanks! This looks pretty close to what I'm looking for!

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As mentioned, Rally Ready and also Cycle Ranch in Floresville has a track also and has events sometimes.
Sponsored