Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, BMW M5, BMW 325iX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi everyone, I'm in Atlanta. I have my 7/20 reservation with SAC in WV, partially due to price, but also a family connection. However, seeing the allocations for Feb / March has me going nuts. SAC appears to have 6 scheduled builds through March and I'm over 100 back on their list.

My build is 4dr Badlands, 2.7, Lux package. I've come to terms with giving up the hardtop and tow package just to get it built this year.

I'm contemplating finding a local(ish) dealer that is honoring MSRP and placing a new order. Am I crazy? Any recommended dealers?
In the other thread I saw a positive comment for Lithia Springs Ford.
Sponsored

g8rb8t

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Highly recommend Alison Brock at Hardy Family Ford. My experience was near flawless and great team there. Here's my Google review - https://g.co/kgs/GvtXFa

I can't speak to pricing though, but sure you will get a fair deal. Even have a Lightning reservation with them.

OP
OP
FastAndLight

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Highly recommend Alison Brock at Hardy Family Ford. My experience was near flawless and great team there. Here's my Google review - https://g.co/kgs/GvtXFa

I can't speak to pricing though, but sure you will get a fair deal. Even have a Lightning reservation with them.
Much thanks, called and left a message today.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I think at this point many people are going to start leaving their great deals aside and be happy with an MSRP deal that they can get earlier than two or three years. I'm right there with them.

Bigfuzzy17

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, BMW 428i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@FastAndLight Give Dayton Overstreet a call at Akins Ford in Winder. I have bought 4 vehicles there in the past and have a Base EG on order as well. They are straight shooters, will sell/order at MSRP and have one of the best in-house custom shops [Wild Willies] this side of TCCustoms on the premises.
I am not sure how many allocations they have in backlog [nor where I stand in line] but they are a very high volume dealer that knows how to treat their customers.
If you cant get Dayton, Kris Wall is the Sales Manager and he is a fantastic resource as well...good luck!

https://order.akinsford.com/carresearch/CustomOrder/Ford/

Sponsored
OP
OP
FastAndLight

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@FastAndLight Give Dayton Overstreet a call at Akins Ford in Winder. I have bought 4 vehicles there in the past and have a Base EG on order as well. They are straight shooters, will sell/order at MSRP and have one of the best in-house custom shops [Wild Willies] this side of TCCustoms on the premises.
I am not sure how many allocations they have in backlog [nor where I stand in line] but they are a very high volume dealer that knows how to treat their customers.
If you cant get Dayton, Kris Wall is the Sales Manager and he is a fantastic resource as well...good luck!

https://order.akinsford.com/carresearch/CustomOrder/Ford/
Great! I'll give them a call Monday.

I think at this point many people are going to start leaving their great deals aside and be happy with an MSRP deal that they can get earlier than two or three years. I'm right there with them.
100%. At this point an honest deal at MSRP that I can get *this year* will work.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
100%. At this point an honest deal at MSRP that I can get *this year* will work.
Exactly. I am on the hunt now. I currently have two orders in. One is below invoice and one at invoice. But I don't have much hope of either getting pulled this year. Once I find an @MSRP dealer with not too many orders but good allocations I'm jumping on board.

OP
OP
FastAndLight

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly. I am on the hunt now. I currently have two orders in. One is below invoice and one at invoice. But I don't have much hope of either getting pulled this year. Once I find an @MSRP dealer with not too many orders but good allocations I'm jumping on board.
Are dealers being transparent with their Bronco allocation? What sorts of questions are you asking to get a sense as to how soon any given dealer is going to get your newly placed order? Should I simply be looking for high volume dealer that will do MSRP?

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Are dealers being transparent with their Bronco allocation? What sorts of questions are you asking to get a sense as to how soon any given dealer is going to get your newly placed order? Should I simply be looking for high volume dealer that will do MSRP?
Chapman, who I have my first order with is very transparent when it comes to allocations. They aren't trying to make it anything that it isn't. A long wait. The second dealer I ordered from told me their orders but not their allocations. I just found a third that I'm in the early stages of dealing with. I am going to see if they can give me an allocation number. They already told me their current reservation numbers but the guy I am talking with I got in touch with after hours. So hopefully I'll find out more tomorrow.

The thing with a high volume dealer selling at MSRP is their order to allocation ratio may be higher. So yeah they may have many more allocations. But they are liable to have many more orders than allocations.

Seems like the ideal situation is to find a mid size dealer that doesn't get much traffic or publicity that is willing to do MSRP. They may have lower allocation numbers. But they may also have lower order numbers too.

Everyone is now search for the Unicorn dealers. So it won't get any easier.

OP
OP
FastAndLight

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chapman, who I have my first order with is very transparent when it comes to allocations. They aren't trying to make it anything that it isn't. A long wait. The second dealer I ordered from told me their orders but not their allocations. I just found a third that I'm in the early stages of dealing with. I am going to see if they can give me an allocation number. They already told me their current reservation numbers but the guy I am talking with I got in touch with after hours. So hopefully I'll find out more tomorrow.

The thing with a high volume dealer selling at MSRP is their order to allocation ratio may be higher. So yeah they may have many more allocations. But they are liable to have many more orders than allocations.

Seems like the ideal situation is to find a mid size dealer that doesn't get much traffic or publicity that is willing to do MSRP. They may have lower allocation numbers. But they may also have lower order numbers too.

Everyone is now search for the Unicorn dealers. So it won't get any easier.
It seems like this is going to be a full time job for a few weeks.

I've never had a company make me work this hard to pay them $60k.

Sponsored

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It seems like this is going to be a full time job for a few weeks.

I've never had a company make me work this hard to pay them $60k.
Yeah if the dealer I'm starting to work with now doesn't pan out I'm just throwing in the towel and waiting it out. See which one of the two others gets pulled first. I'd like to have one before the end of summer. But if that doesn't happen it just wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FastAndLight

FastAndLight

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought forum members were having difficulty changing dealers? Is that a thing of the past?
I'm not changing necessarily, I'm going to put in a brand new order since I believe the dealer allocation formula is what is currently holding up my build, rather than any actual supply constraints.

From what I've been seeing on the forums, choosing the right dealer to place an order at is more important than what you order or when your reservation was (which is insane).

Rockledge

Base
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Sasquatch , 1951 Willy's M-38
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's almost impossible to change dealers if your reservation has been converted to a order. I'm going to try , but I am going to place a 2nd order with a dealer close to me.
I will keep the order at Chapman, but 3 to 5 years waiting on their allocation is asking a lot of me.
Sponsored