Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Lexus GS 300, 2022 Badlands, 2022 Honda Odyss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Before I get killed here I did search first.
Anyone know how hard the handles may be to remove/replace?
Do they have any electronics running through them that may cause problems with removing/replacing?

The reason I ask is I like body colored door handles better, but I'm getting badlands vs black diamond with mid package. (They come with black handles)
I thought I would just buy some body painted ones from Ford after purchase, or have the ones they come with painted.
I would think that wouldn't be too terrible to do, but I could be wrong.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In my experience, door handles come in primer and not body color painted. But to replace the handles wouldn't be that big a challenge. only electronics would be if you had the proximity sensor built into the handle.

BananaSmash

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350, 17 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If they are like my Focus ST they will be very easy. I removed my handles to wrap the doors and all you do is pop off a cover in door jamb and loosen a torx bolt that acts as a set screw and then the handle just pulls out. It also has the touch lock/unlock and it's just one wire harness clip to undo.

Reactions: RLW

Deleted member 11056

Can’t speak for Ford, but I’ve worked GM parts for years: usually, the body color handles do come primer, but sometimes are available pre-painted as an accessory (could be part of the 200+ coming). That said, with the different packages, few handles are just “handles” anymore and could be powered so you’ll need to make sure that the primered/accessory handle has the same options as the existing handles so that it plugs in and functions properly.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Like the F150's the parts come as RTP (ready to paint). I like the look of color matched handles however since the doors are removable I will be going with the plain black. One less thing to get scratched/chipped.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jak