Question for Dealers: money factor on bronco lease

Thekev87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Wanted to ask dealers on this forum...with the broncos finally hitting the lots, what money factors are you seeing with the lease costs? Are you using ford lease programs or a third party like us bank?

Residual looks to be high from what I can see, but my concern is the money factor/interest rate. I typically lease my cars, which have had reasonable money factors of about .00130 (~3%). If my math is right, it looks like the ford website leases are showing a money factor of .00250-.00270 (~6.5%!), which is insane. Even wranglers are leasing at .00200 at the most.

Can any dealers confirm? Thanks! Expecting delivery of basesquatch in September(ish?) With Aug 16 build date.

Note: I'm just looking for a figure to make the best financial decision for me, not looking for lease vs. buy advise just seeing what the leasing interest rates are looking like.
Sponsored

BronchoPeat

Base
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.evergreenclothier.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 Tiguan S w/4motion | '14 Fiesta SE Hatchback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wanted to ask dealers on this forum...with the broncos finally hitting the lots, what money factors are you seeing with the lease costs? Are you using ford lease programs or a third party like us bank?

Residual looks to be high from what I can see, but my concern is the money factor/interest rate. I typically lease my cars, which have had reasonable money factors of about .00130 (~3%). If my math is right, it looks like the ford website leases are showing a money factor of .00250-.00270 (~6.5%!), which is insane. Even wranglers are leasing at .00200 at the most.

Can any dealers confirm? Thanks! Expecting delivery of basesquatch in September(ish?) With Aug 16 build date.

Note: I'm just looking for a figure to make the best financial decision for me, not looking for lease vs. buy advise just seeing what the leasing interest rates are looking like.
My BaseSquatch is being delivered between 7/3-7/9. I'm on the phone with the the dealer today to figure all this stuff out. I'll see if I can get the money factor from them and I'll keep you posted. I should have the numbers crunches by the end of the week.

abdickson70

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not currently a dealer but was a finance and sales manager for many years. Because of the demand, Ford does not have a reason to subsidize or reduce money factors, as they know they are holding all the cards. When demand slows down you will see money factors lower as well. The lower trim levels will lease out better than the upper. The base and the Big Bend lease out fairly well. Once you go higher than those two, it starts to get somewhat punitive. My main reason for leasing in the past was to guarantee a clean and debt free exit. I believe in the first few years with the Bronco we will see higher than normal resale and wholesale values so when I trade it in or retail it for my next Bronco in 2-3 years that I will not be upside down, even without a substantial down payment.
Sponsored