Sponsored

Questions about deliveries (or more accurately, delayed deliveries)

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Does anyone know if a dealership can involve their regional Ford rep in contacting the transport carrier (Jack Cooper) and pressing to have a vehicle/vehicles delivered? My Wildtrak has been built since May 31, and I was excited expecting to have delivery within a month or so, but my dealer told me that he has 3 other Broncos that were built back in March and have yet to be delivered. The others, as well as mine, are CONVOY vehicles. Where it used to be RAIL vehicles that were the blackhole of deliveries, it seems CONVOY has changed that narrative.
Thanks guys!
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your dealer would have to submit a ticket to Ford for a vehicle lost/damaged in transit. That gets sent over to a team at Ford where they will try to locate the vehicle with the shipping company. If the shipping company cannot locate it then it goes through the claims process which takes 3-6 weeks to resolve (sometimes longer).

Typically Ford doesn't even consider a vehicle "lost" until the last status update is three to six months old. You obviously are only on month one, so any ticket your dealer submits to Ford will be closed immediately or promptly ignored for the next 60+ days.

OP
OP

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your dealer would have to submit a ticket to Ford for a vehicle lost/damaged in transit. That gets sent over to a team at Ford where they will try to locate the vehicle with the shipping company. If the shipping company cannot locate it then it goes through the claims process which takes 3-6 weeks to resolve (sometimes longer).

Typically Ford doesn't even consider a vehicle "lost" until the last status update is three to six months old. You obviously are only on month one, so any ticket your dealer submits to Ford will be closed immediately or promptly ignored for the next 60+ days.
Thanks for the heads up. Yah, my vehicle is only waiting for transport for 35 days, but the other 3 have been waiting for transport for over 120 days.

Thanks again.

Bronccraig

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Challenger RT Hemi Orange
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wonder how many vehicles just get ‘ lost ‘ ….it has to happen..then what?

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shoes! Waiting for that 2 door to ship!
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I think Ford has "lost" the ability to do anything that makes sense. I've been waiting for the convoy just shy of 2 months. When I went to the dealer yesterday I got to see the TWO TRUCKLOADS of Broncos that have been delivered this week, but cannot be sold due to the stop sale seatbelt recall. Some of them came off the line this week. And were ordered in March. My 3yr old 2dr order unaffected by the recall sits somewhere missing yet another ETA.
The excuses are really old

Sorry @RagnarKon didn't mean to quote you! Don't take my frustration personally. I dig all you sub info and other stuff!

Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford has "lost" the ability to do anything that makes sense. I've been waiting for the convoy just shy of 2 months. When I went to the dealer yesterday I got to see the TWO TRUCKLOADS of Broncos that have been delivered this week, but cannot be sold due to the stop sale seatbelt recall. Some of them came off the line this week. And were ordered in March. My 3yr old 2dr order unaffected by the recall sits somewhere missing yet another ETA.

Sorry @RagnarKon didn't mean to quote you! Don't take my frustration personally. I dig all you sub info and other stuff!
Heh, I don't take it personally. I realize I'm the bearer of bad news a lot of the time with this stuff.

Mass manufacturing is also an absolutely insane logistical nightmare, and I don't envy anyone who has the job of figuring out how to optimize it all.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What does your tracker show? Have you use the Ford chat? Mine was completed 6/7 and sat still showing as "in production". After about 2-3 weeks it popped over to "built" and sat. At the beginning of this week it reverted back to "confirmed". I reached out on the Ford chat and they gave me the info that it shipped and the rail info. Worth a shot if you haven't tried that route yet.

OP
OP

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What does your tracker show? Have you use the Ford chat? Mine was completed 6/7 and sat still showing as "in production". After about 2-3 weeks it popped over to "built" and sat. At the beginning of this week it reverted back to "confirmed". I reached out on the Ford chat and they gave me the info that it shipped and the rail info. Worth a shot if you haven't tried that route yet.
Yah, my tracker shows "Built". It has since May 31. My downfall is that it is going by convoy and not rail. If you live in a rural area, rail seems to get your vehicle to you much quicker. Drivers don't want to go too far off of interstates for deliveries (or so i was told my my dealer), so they tend to pick ones that are very close, good hauls, but also close to interstates. My dealership is about 60 miles from I-80, and 30 miles from I-86, so I'm screwed.

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Heh, I don't take it personally. I realize I'm the bearer of bad news a lot of the time with this stuff.

Mass manufacturing is also an absolutely insane logistical nightmare, and I don't envy anyone who has the job of figuring out how to optimize it all.

Good! Enjoy your videos and subscribe to your channel. Didn't want you to think it was directed at you.

I wouldn't even know 2 vs 4 ohms without you!

Have a great weekend.

PS, If you see any Ford shipping executives tell them they suck!

BigRed

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is it true 2-DR Bronco's are not involved in the seatbelt Recall??

Sponsored

Danny's Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is it true 2-DR Bronco's are not involved in the seatbelt Recall??

That's what I was told by my dealer. He checked my vin and said it was clear.

Who knows though. It always seems like rumors. Even if Ford bothers to say anything.

Friday night is usually when they release the bad news tho. So stay pumped!

OP
OP

Sk3tchy

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

One suggestion/way that they can optimize things would be to not allow the drivers to pick and choose what they want to deliver. JCT (or whatever carrier has the contract) should have vehicles scheduled centrally so then the driver goes to the Canton lot (or whichever one they are picking up from), and the drivers already know, no questions asked, what they are picking up for delivery, regardless of destination. But no, the way the process is now, the drivers won't take anything that is not going to maximize their money, and at the same time, minimize their time off the interstate. I was in the Army, and it was an open joke about the contract going to the low bidder, well obviously Ford did the same thing when choosing their transport company for Convoy deliveries, and the Bronco buyers are feeling the pain.
Sponsored