Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0, 2016 GTI
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hello!

Long time stalker, new poster.

Have some questions I've not been able to find answers/opinions for.

For preface - Outer Banks Lux Build, scheduled and pushed recently, so some time to make minor changes. I'm aware OBX has been very common, but as a female, I like the painted door handles/fenders/mirrors. Disappointed in the fact no wash out interior, front seat adventure backing, and no manual trans option. Annoying, as these options would make the OBX my ultimate build.

Has there been any bolster comparisons to the cloth vs leather option? I have two dogs - one of which nearly travels with me everywhere. Would prefer leather, but plan on taking the rear 2/3 seat immediately to accommodate the puppers. I'm having trouble justifying 2500$ when I'm taking the rear seats out but also come from always having a little sporty car with heavily bolstered leather seats. The leather photos and reviews I've seen seem more bolstered, but also see people preferring the cloth seats.

Second - have seen several 2022 OBX reviews that have the painted fenders ect, but do not have the blue interior accents - they are grey. I switched from Eruption Green after realizing the green and brown interior with blue accents would clash and this would just bother me to the max. But have been confused with the couple of review videos with grey accent colors that aren't the SAS build.

Third - OBX doesn't have the "adventure" rear seat...grids? I'm not sure how to explain this. OBX seats have the standard backing of a pocket...but really wanted the backing of the Badlands with the grid and capability to hook things into (I always have a hammock in my car - this would make easy access and storage) but didn't know if anyone aftermarket had made an attachment or if this could be easily attached to the rear of the front seats. Not sure if this makes sense - can attach photos if needed.

Also with this last question, has anyone switched from leather to cloth seats or vice versa? Long story - have two broncos on order with same build week even though one is reservation (ordered 1/15/2021) and the other was a late December order. *rolls eyes, experiment worked* Had pondered on switching one to Cloth seating just to see difference but didn't know if seats could be easily switched out considering one has power seats and the other does not. Both Broncos will be bought (car family) but If one of us ended up liking the other/exterior color combo wasn't sure of switching ease.

I apologize if these are repeated questions, if you have a link I'll def check them out! I've been searching key words for days and YouTube, but haven't really found photos/answers (esp the cloth vs leather) besides the fact the cloth won't burn thighs when the tops off.

Thanks everyone!! I'm happy to be here, and will hopefully have a Bronco before the summer *fingers crossed*
Sponsored