First Name
Steen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
When I have to redo my order, should I go stock soft top/aftermarket hardtop or stock hardtop/aftermarket soft top? Wondering what everyone thinks of what will be showing up aftermarket. Thinking of fit, finish, quality.
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Going to need a crystal ball to answer those questions.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Seems we have several options to consider. My hope is to obtain a 4Door soft top and switch it out for a Bestop Twill Trektop.(See below) Then look at AM hard tops when available. Maybe hold off until a Ford Mod top is ready in 2023. I am still hesitant about any Webasto products. Both the MIC top and the OEM soft top. Although the MIC top is being “improved” the focus might be on "cosmetic" only. I do not believe Ford has time for a serious redesign of the MIC top. That might be problematic.

Ford Bronco Opinions on tops 2021 Bronco Velocity Blue

ssolypop

Badlands
First Name
Solomon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Seems we have several options to consider. My hope is to obtain a 4Door soft top and switch it out for a Bestop Twill Trektop.(See below) Then look at AM hard tops when available. Maybe hold off until a Ford Mod top is ready in 2023. I am still hesitant about any Webasto products. Both the MIC top and the OEM soft top. Although the MIC top is being “improved” the focus might be on "cosmetic" only. I do not believe Ford has time for a serious redesign of the MIC top. That might be problematic.

I like you approach here. My biggest concern is shipping to Hawaii. I dread the thought of how much a company will charge to ship me a hard top 🤔

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

anything aftermarket I'd wait until next year to make a decision, so pick which one you want up there first. The bestop is nice, just not for me. I don't like the fast back style, not giving up cargo room for looks, and I believe this one only folds back but not fully down, which is a joke at that price. I hope they'll offer some alternatives once it's time to replace my factory top in a couple of years.

Ideally I want hard top in the back and a big sunrider soft part over both rows in my 4door, hoping aftermarket will provide that eventually.

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I'm holding out for a MOD top. I don't like the MIC any, so I ordered a soft top since I don't think the top I really want will come available until 2023 at least.

Well, and in the summer, I traditionally run a soft top anyway, usually open it up like a safari top for the shade and let the wind blow through me. I like the bestop trektop and one of my friends had one. I just remembered, his garage burned down and he had his top hoisted to the ceiling of it at the time... That was a sad day.

I had a hard top on my JK in WA and it spent the summer hoisted up to the roof of the garage every year. I just ran a bikini top on it all summer.

Bigkansas

Badlands
First Name
AUSTIN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I have to redo my order, should I go stock soft top/aftermarket hardtop or stock hardtop/aftermarket soft top? Wondering what everyone thinks of what will be showing up aftermarket. Thinking of fit, finish, quality.
Im getting a softtop, and as soon as a MIC os available, ill be selling it, if your interested.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I know that Bestop looks good but I pulled up the installation instructions on their website and they are definitely not short on pages nor quickly done. I don’t want it to take me two hours or whatever the manual says to remove the soft top once it is installed. Stuck between a rock and a hard place I guess. The Webasto top comes off in less than 10 min, which is awesome, but the side windows don’t look good.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I know that Bestop looks good but I pulled up the installation instructions on their website and they are definitely not short on pages nor quickly done. I don’t want it to take me two hours or whatever the manual says to remove the soft top once it is installed. Stuck between a rock and a hard place I guess. The Webasto top comes off in less than 10 min, which is awesome, but the side windows don’t look good.
I understand.
My goal is 6 months each year with soft top and 6 with hard top. I have a Bestop installer near me and may use their services if time is a concern each year.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Since there are no aftermarket hardtop options and likely won't be your choices are limited.
Sponsored