Sponsored

opinions on off-brand Rotopax containers and mounts?

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm looking to add a Rotopax-style fuel container mount for some extra insurance on long trips- looking at Amazon, I see there are a number of other brands selling Rotopax-style containers and mounts at about 50% of the price of the Rotopax stuff... which is pretty significant. Has anyone used any of these off-brands? If so, what's your experience? Any you recommend or any you strongly discourage others from buying?
Sponsored

TP1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why not just buy actual Rotopax blemished items? I bought a couple from there a few years ago and they arrived brand new with no visible defects on them. Plus, if you plan on actually using them, who cares if they have a mark or two on the outside.

https://rotopax.com/collections/blemished-items

Last edited:
OP
OP

22Badskwatch

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why not just buy actual Rotopax blemished items? I bought a couple from there a few years ago and they arrived brand new with no visible defects on them. Plus, if you plan on actually using them, who cares if they have a mark or two on the outside.

https://rotopax.com/collections/blemished-items
I looked yesterday, they’re only discounted about 10%, which is hardly anything

TP1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I looked yesterday, they’re only discounted about 10%, which is hardly anything
Oh interesting. Last time I bought, they were 50% off. Paid $49 for the 3 gallon.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a FuelPax which is a RotoPax Lite of sorts. I don't see an issue buying a 3rd party knockoff unless you plan on running over it with an 18 wheeler. And you will want to replace the stupid spout as soon as you buy something else (which is not Rotopax's fault, but the EPA or CARB).

Unfortunately most Rotopax mount options for the Bronco are ludicrously expensive with the exception of the Rock Slide Engineering mount, but that is spare tire.

Can you post some links to the knockoffs? Here is a mount that is perfectly functional

https://a.co/d/8LOBHac

Sponsored

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I've heard stories of some of the knockoffs splitting at the seams, but I couldn't tell you which ones and I have no experience with them myself.
Sponsored