Sponsored

Remove the bottom of the rear seat in the 4 door 2021 Bronco?

Pennington

Badlands
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I apologize if this has already been asked but I did not see it.

Does anyone have any idea how hard it would to remove and reinstall the bottom of the rear seat in the four door 2021 Bronco?
Sponsored

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Today was the PDX Bronco open house and I was looking at the rear seats and the way the function. The bottom of the seat counter leavers to the top when put down. In other words the bottom seat rotates forward an drops into the foot well and the top just lays on top. There is some type of cantilever system hidden under some plastic that pushes the seat down and pulls it back up. It might be easier to remove the whole seat.
Ford Bronco Remove the bottom of the rear seat in the 4 door 2021 Bronco? 1619478789736

Removing the 60 section of the seat looked really easy, two studs, one on each end of the upright and then the two leg bolts. The stud on the drivers side is tucked in around the plastic trim and the other stud is very close the 40 seat frame. looks to be out of the way for a deck system the can nut to the two studs. BTW the studs are 2+ inches tall.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That had been my plan all along... But apparently it was on the two door, which looks way easy. The 4 door not so much. If you do pull the bottom, there's no where for the back to rest.

OP
OP
Pennington

Pennington

Badlands
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today was the PDX Bronco open house and I was looking at the rear seats and the way the function. The bottom of the seat counter leavers to the top when put down. In other words the bottom seat rotates forward an drops into the foot well and the top just lays on top. There is some type of cantilever system hidden under some plastic that pushes the seat down and pulls it back up. It might be easier to remove the whole seat.
Ford Bronco Remove the bottom of the rear seat in the 4 door 2021 Bronco? 1619478789736

Removing the 60 section of the seat looked really easy, two studs, one on each end of the upright and then the two leg bolts. The stud on the drivers side is tucked in around the plastic trim and the other stud is very close the 40 seat frame. looks to be out of the way for a deck system the can nut to the two studs. BTW the studs are 2+ inches tall.
Thanks for the information. Hopefully there is enough clearance between the folded down seat and the roof so I don't have to take it out.
Sponsored