First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We made a day trip up to Goshen to ride the 611 steam engine. I am no pro photographer but I thought this shot came out pretty good. Saw 2 other Broncos there. I was lucky to get a shot as the "Queen" passed by on the way back to the station. Next weekend is the last run of the year. Hoping they will be able to continue this next year. The boiler was completely overhauled 7 years ago and is not due for another one for 7 more years. She is housed at the Virginia Transportation Museum when not in use. Love the similarity of our colors.
I did slip off road onto a fire Road in the GW National Forest. as we were headed to Goshen. I was alone with my wife and NO cell signal so I only ventured a short distance. She enjoyed the steep little climb up to the power-line. Making memories with Lizzy (and my wife ;)) .

Ford Bronco Rode the Norfolk & Western 611 on Sunday out of Goshen, VA IMG_0455.JPG
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

That’s pretty cool! And the steam train in the back ain’t so bad either!

Saltwater Junkie

Outer Banks
First Name
Sir Fishin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 7.3 F350, 22 7.3 F350, 23 2.7 BRONCO OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Great pic, and that is exactly the pic I had planned, except ol Miss 611 decided to break down for our excursion on Saturday.
Ford Bronco Rode the Norfolk & Western 611 on Sunday out of Goshen, VA 20231028_084611

OP
OP
UNBROKN

UNBROKN

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 F-350 CC dually, 97 Infiniti QX4, 21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Great pic, and that is exactly the pic I had planned, except ol Miss 611 decided to break down for our excursion on Saturday.
Ford Bronco Rode the Norfolk & Western 611 on Sunday out of Goshen, VA 20231028_084611
Sorry to hear that. I saw that she had broken down, but did not tell my wife until I saw that they had her fixed. I think she would have lost her mind with stress. If she had not been repaired, I was not going to tell her at all... We walked through the whole train and enjoyed looking at all the various cars. The restoration on some of them is absolutely amazing. One of the volunteers told us that if they can keep it going, they want to try to do full day excursions from Clifton Forge to Charlottesville or vice versa. That would be cool. The Boiler has another 7 years before it has to be rebuilt.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
We made a day trip up to Goshen to ride the 611 steam engine. I am no pro photographer but I thought this shot came out pretty good. Saw 2 other Broncos there. I was lucky to get a shot as the "Queen" passed by on the way back to the station. Next weekend is the last run of the year. Hoping they will be able to continue this next year. The boiler was completely overhauled 7 years ago and is not due for another one for 7 more years. She is housed at the Virginia Transportation Museum when not in use. Love the similarity of our colors.
I did slip off road onto a fire Road in the GW National Forest. as we were headed to Goshen. I was alone with my wife and NO cell signal so I only ventured a short distance. She enjoyed the steep little climb up to the power-line. Making memories with Lizzy (and my wife ;)) .

Looks like an amazing adventure!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Sponsored

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Badass luv the old steam engines they run a 2-6-6-2 mallet WM out of Cumberland Md to Frostburg Md and there are a couple trails and parks within a couple hours of Frostburg

Big Barney

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Escape, 2000 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s awesome, I didn’t know the 611 was back doing excursions! I had the opportunity in the late 80’s to ride from Columbus, Ohio to Huntington WV round trip on both the 611 and its big cousin the 1218 a few years earlier. At Huntington the excursion staff was kind enough to let my 10 year old son climb up in the cab and blow the deep baritone whistle. It was an experience we’ll always remember.
Sponsored