Sponsored

Rough Country High winch and mount installed. Paid for itself day one (pics/videos)

BroncoSarge

Badlands
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 AMB Bronco, 2021 CO Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The installation directions are a bit rough. Installed mine and learned a few things. Anyone who installs this mount, I recommend installing the bottom half, then wires, then winch to winch plate and finally then install the winch/plate to the bottom half. After all of that, install the light or filler plate.

The reason is that the bolts for the bumper are not very long and the backplate they bolt into can move backward. Trying to balance the entire winch and mount while trying to get this bolts in place is beyond challenging. It’s easier to mount that lower half first cause it’s light and you can maneuver it very easily.

Note: Haven't installed the rope yet. My Winch comes with a silver fairlead. I want black. I am waiting for it to arrive. I did remotely mount the control box under the hood. Cleaner look.

Ford Bronco Rough Country High winch and mount installed. Paid for itself day one (pics/videos) 99B28ECB-6CB0-4B8D-882D-63EED7184319