First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anybody else have the RTR rear bumper installed? I had it installed but ever since I got it it makes the sensors hyper sensitive because they’re slightly more angled towards the ground compared to stock. Their product shows it retains those sensors but i guess jt doesn’t technically say it “retains functionality.” I love the bumper look but just want to see if anyone else has had this issue with this particular bumper. Photo is just for fun 🤷🏼‍♂️

2EAFD4AC-88BF-4CF8-8158-33D4A87E5754.jpeg
Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you reached out to RTR to see if there's something you can do to tweak the sensors or fix this? Seems odd they wouldn't work the same as OEM if they're essentially claiming as such.

Might be a simple fix, and I would imagine the vendor would know best if there's a solution.

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Big Bend
First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Have you reached out to RTR to see if there's something you can do to tweak the sensors or fix this? Seems odd they wouldn't work the same as OEM if they're essentially claiming as such.

Might be a simple fix, and I would imagine the vendor would know best if there's a solution.

The shop I had install the bumper had spoke with them and they were told that it’s just going to be like that because of how the bumper is shaped but I reached out again and I’m waiting to hear back now just to see. If I compare the product images on their site to my bumper, the sensor retainers certainly look different as if they are adjusted to compensate for the change.

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Big Bend
First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@RTR Vehicles any insight on this?
I’m starting to wonder if the sensor retainers were changed between ‘21 and ‘22 models. Looking at the installation guide RTR has I can see the stock bumper sensors look different than what I have. Maybe that’s the difference maker 🤔

Sponsored

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m starting to wonder if the sensor retainers were changed between ‘21 and ‘22 models. Looking at the installation guide RTR has I can see the stock bumper sensors look different than what I have. Maybe that’s the difference maker 🤔
Will I know they changed the capable bumper between 21 to 22 but just the bolt location one of the members on here found that out.

josh1121

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Titan XD Diesel 4x4, LandRover Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I know this is going to sound stupid, but have you checked that the sensor retainers are not upside down (180 out)? I did this with the bodyguard bumper on my Titan. One way they are pointed down slightly, the other they are pointed more horizontally. Easy fix.

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Big Bend
First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I know this is going to sound stupid, but have you checked that the sensor retainers are not upside down (180 out)? I did this with the bodyguard bumper on my Titan. One way they are pointed down slightly, the other they are pointed more horizontally. Easy fix.
So I think either Ford tweaked the rear bumper at some point or the sensor location changes based on what edition you have. Mine is a 22 Big Bend and this photo on another thread is a 22 Black Diamond. Sensor is in a different location compared to my stock rear bumper and has different angled retainers. You can see mine are just flushed washer looking things.🤔 So trick is where to find these retainers. That’ll probably help my issue.

Ford Bronco RTR Rear Bumper makes the sensors hyper sensitive 030FD614-E1AB-4752-B1AA-39BE40C040FC

Ford Bronco RTR Rear Bumper makes the sensors hyper sensitive E4614757-3C96-4C5E-B2F3-52C07E291058

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Bronco Ranger & 2021 Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have a DV8 FS-15 rear bumper that had similar issue. I reused the stock sensor flanges and those angled the sensors down too much. The cracks in my driveway would trigger the warning. I pulled the stock bezels and found some rubber grommets I had that fit the opening so I trimmed the inside to fit the sensor.

Now my bezels point straight back and operate the way they did with the stock bumper.

I had seen a company offering replacement bezels for flat bumpers but I can't remember who that was.

Tomfordgt

Black Diamond
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F450
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I had the same issue with the DV8 bumper. Part, if not all of the problem is that I have a 37" spare tire (measures 36-3/4"), which is closer to the sensors. Rough country makes a bracket that lifts the spare a few inches. I installed it over the weekend and it took care of 99% of the issue. The sensor went off a few times when nothing was within 5' when driving it all day versus anytime in reverse.
https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco...-51053c.html?find=2022-ford-bronco-4wd-856075

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Big Bend
First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have a DV8 FS-15 rear bumper that had similar issue. I reused the stock sensor flanges and those angled the sensors down too much. The cracks in my driveway would trigger the warning. I pulled the stock bezels and found some rubber grommets I had that fit the opening so I trimmed the inside to fit the sensor.

Now my bezels point straight back and operate the way they did with the stock bumper.

I had seen a company offering replacement bezels for flat bumpers but I can't remember who that was.
Good bumper choice! That’s my favorite one I’ve seen from them. Would you happen to know if your sensors were flushed like mine or angled like that other picture I posted? I’m wondering if someone is able to track down a part number for me. Or if you happen to remember the company I’ll take that too. I might experiment with some grommets. If you have a close up shot I’d love to see.

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Big Bend
First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I had the same issue with the DV8 bumper. Part, if not all of the problem is that I have a 37" spare tire (measures 36-3/4"), which is closer to the sensors. Rough country makes a bracket that lifts the spare a few inches. I installed it over the weekend and it took care of 99% of the issue. The sensor went off a few times when nothing was within 5' when driving it all day versus anytime in reverse.
https://www.roughcountry.com/bronco...-51053c.html?find=2022-ford-bronco-4wd-856075
I’ve got the RTR spare tire carrier so the spare isn’t the issue. The aftermarket bumper is slightly angled so the sensors are sensitive to the ground. Thank you though!

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Good bumper choice! That’s my favorite one I’ve seen from them. Would you happen to know if your sensors were flushed like mine or angled like that other picture I posted? I’m wondering if someone is able to track down a part number for me. Or if you happen to remember the company I’ll take that too. I might experiment with some grommets. If you have a close up shot I’d love to see.
My stock bezels were angled. And the only way the lined up and fit into the bumper pointed them down. Once I removed those and put the grommets in there it stopped being so crazy.

Found a pic of the bumper right after I installed it. You can see the bezels are angled and aim the sensor too low

Ford Bronco RTR Rear Bumper makes the sensors hyper sensitive 1670866211181

OP
OP
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Big Bend
First Name
Cash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My stock bezels were angled. And the only way the lined up and fit into the bumper pointed them down. Once I removed those and put the grommets in there it stopped being so crazy.

Found a pic of the bumper right after I installed it. You can see the bezels are angled and aim the sensor too low

Ford Bronco RTR Rear Bumper makes the sensors hyper sensitive 1670866211181
See if I had the angled ones and flipped them over I think my sensors would be perfect. I see that bumper kind of moved the edge sensors inward and it’s much more flat than the stock bumper. I just can’t see why Ford has different bezels of all things they would change 🙄 you still got those stock bezels? 😅

GloNDark

First Edition
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition