Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So I spent today clearing out the garage and getting some small projects done on Babs (the names a work in progress but this is what calls to me for now but doesn’t feel just right if that makes sense). I’m also pretty new to forums and doing it from my phone so bear with me as I figure all this out haha.

She’s a 2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch package that I picked up used (only 15k miles on her so kinda new, right?). Missed getting in the order line because I knew they were going to drop a raptor one (or hoped) and thought no biggy I’ll just order one when they do, and boy could I have not been more wrong 😅. That being said I’m more than thrilled about my purchase!

7E6D5084-3C86-4441-A11E-E59C53625A1A.jpeg

When I picked her up she had the steps and mirror lights installed ahead of time (done at the dealer by the previous owner) but I added a couple small things as I wait to do more, and more, and more.

Installed the IAG hood and soft top struts today which were super easy. I’ve never owned a soft top vehicle before and the road noise isn’t too bad, but I’m thinking about trying to find someone with a hardtop that’ll want to swap. I don’t think I’d take the top down enough to really be worth while (I love the AC and live in Florida 🤪) so if anyone’s got a 4 door hard top they want to trade let me know haha

6F3B360C-53C7-4532-9CF0-96A29F6FC4C5.jpeg

6EB4F084-97AB-4A01-BE08-44200802841C.jpeg

Installed the back seat covers (also from iag I think).

486876D0-D8CF-4104-B887-F2EABA20B4C8.jpeg

Stubby antenna from Amazon.

Shackles from Rhino USA along with picking up some recovery gear which seems like great quality.

67 designs phone holder to mount in the center point with their MagSafe mount.

Some trays for the side of the center console and in it because I think it’s lacking some storage and idk about putting a bunch of junk on the wireless charging pad.

Ordered up the grab handles from panda Motorworks, as well as the ARB pump (brackets not come in yet so didn’t get that installed) and some fog lights which also haven’t come in yet.

ABE61523-5121-402E-9F27-3D67F0E8A523.jpeg
C12C9AB2-C49C-433D-9261-F8CBC041F5BA.jpeg

I think that’s all for now but will be more to come!

Future mods on the list are:
Rockslide engineering slider steps
Rough Country hidden winch (have to do some more research on it as I have the 2.7 and seems like a bit of modification needed)
Might forego the last one and get the winch bumper that has the camera relocation (would hate to block that view)

And that’s all for now!

1DC11BBC-C8B1-4F94-8D51-46AE841595E4.jpeg
Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome! Sharp looking bronco!

IwannaGOfast

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ranger Long Travel, 2014 Cruze Commuter
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those are the Aries powered steps?

Sponsored

2020FordRaptor

Wildtrak
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I spent today clearing out the garage and getting some small projects done on Babs (the names a work in progress but this is what calls to me for now but doesn’t feel just right if that makes sense). I’m also pretty new to forums and doing it from my phone so bear with me as I figure all this out haha.

She’s a 2021 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch package that I picked up used (only 15k miles on her so kinda new, right?). Missed getting in the order line because I knew they were going to drop a raptor one (or hoped) and thought no biggy I’ll just order one when they do, and boy could I have not been more wrong 😅. That being said I’m more than thrilled about my purchase!

Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal 1DC11BBC-C8B1-4F94-8D51-46AE841595E4

When I picked her up she had the steps and mirror lights installed ahead of time (done at the dealer by the previous owner) but I added a couple small things as I wait to do more, and more, and more.

Installed the IAG hood and soft top struts today which were super easy. I’ve never owned a soft top vehicle before and the road noise isn’t too bad, but I’m thinking about trying to find someone with a hardtop that’ll want to swap. I don’t think I’d take the top down enough to really be worth while (I love the AC and live in Florida 🤪) so if anyone’s got a 4 door hard top they want to trade let me know haha

Installed the back seat covers (also from iag I think).

Stubby antenna from Amazon.

Shackles from Rhino USA along with picking up some recovery gear which seems like great quality.

67 designs phone holder to mount in the center point with their MagSafe mount.

Some trays for the side of the center console and in it because I think it’s lacking some storage and idk about putting a bunch of junk on the wireless charging pad.

Ordered up the grab handles from panda Motorworks, as well as the ARB pump (brackets not come in yet so didn’t get that installed) and some fog lights which also haven’t come in yet.

I think that’s all for now but will be more to come!

Future mods on the list are:
Rockslide engineering slider steps
Rough Country hidden winch (have to do some more research on it as I have the 2.7 and seems like a bit of modification needed)
Might forego the last one and get the winch bumper that has the camera relocation (would hate to block that view)

And that’s all for now!

Welcome. Looks good! That silver looks sharp!

nabronco21

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco/2008 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welcome aboard, bronco looks great!! I'm liking the silver.👍👍

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What color shackles are you going with? Wonder what accent color I want to go with on my iconic silver once it’s comes in.

OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What color shackles are you going with? Wonder what accent color I want to go with on my iconic silver once it’s comes in.
I went with black to match the bumper. I’m thinking of wrapping it a different color or design so that may prompt me to change the color if I get into the matching scenario.

JB4Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f 150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I went with black to match the bumper. I’m thinking of wrapping it a different color or design so that may prompt me to change the color if I get into the matching scenario.
Yea I think black or silver can’t go wrong with. I actually bought a pair of silver shackles off Amazon and they were more chrome than the painted silver look I wanted, so I sent them back.

Sponsored
OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Poured through a bunch of content on here, as is easy to do, looking for recommendations on dash cams and finally decided to pull the trigger (and use a gift card from Best Buy I kept finding and losing) and installed the Garmin mini 2 dash cam, bought a 6 inch usb cable, and a 256GB disk and got that installed today. Was pretty easy overall, paired the camera, found the right spot, and boom!

Now I’m ready should something happen, did a test drive to check for placement and looks good!

Have a cross country trip from Florida to Texas in a couple weeks for the off roadeo and felt like having this installed was a good idea.

Reactions: Cat
OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Welllllll little update on the bronco!

played around with Forscan today and added the coveted sport mode *insertHe-Man “I HAVE THE POWERRR!”* and it’s definitely a huuuge difference, but must use it conservatively to preserve that sweet sweet gas mileage haha.

turned off the double honk, and switched panic to two clicks.

Now we get to the wildly annoying. Ordered up a set of fog lights (S3 and 2 S2’s) through panda motor works, and the fog light wiring kit (with an extra wiring ensemble for the regular fogs) from 4x4 trucks. Took it upon myself to strip the extra wiring harness down and splice some things up to accomplish two things.
One be able to plug from the S3’s to the factory fogs (SAE Compliant) and two run two cables for the backlights, one left side one right side.
I spent a number of years as a mechanic in my youth (trade school) and made short work of the wiring, got everything installed and boom!

Shits all fucked up 🤣😂.

Made the rookiest of mistakes and didn’t test everything out prior to 1.) wrapping and shrink tubing all the connections, or 2.) prior to install. So there I am with 4 out of the 6 backlights working, 1 backlight super dim and the fog option on that S2 not working at all, and 1 S3 completely out of commission. So I do the quick trouble shooting of unplugging the defective lights and using the known Good wiring and the lights aren’t the problem which means I jacked up the wiring somewhere.

so in the interest of not having things a miss I had the pleasure of taking the fog lights back out, which by the way without the T40P(bought the bronco second hand and no tool kit. Thought I ordered one but apparently not 🙄) was nerve racking but managed with no stripped bolts! And removing all the wiring 😑.
The plan for tomorrow or this weekend (whenever I have time really) is to go to autozone and grab a tester, the t40p and strip the wiring harness down AGAIN to figure out where my goof up was.

I also installed the ARB compressor under the hood, no issues with that install haha

TLDR I’m an idiot sometimes and made more work for myself by not taking things slow and steady 🤪

OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Managed to get my fog lights installed! After customizing the wiring harness to work with the factory fog switch I ran into some trouble (and made the rookie mistake) of not testing prior to installing. Tore everything down and apart, got to testing and found the harness came from 4x4 with two pins put in the wrong location which led to the dead lights!

got it all sorted out and swapped the pins to the right spot, tested, and boom we have light! Just need to head back into Forscan and turn on the dash light when thefogs are on, other than that under th hoods complete for now!
Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal 8FFFC9E6-0481-4041-A241-78D06318EEBE
Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal 4DEDBF4C-9F11-425C-B296-85B63CA66479
Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal 88EE3A73-C56A-4597-A655-08E0CCDF5669

OP
OP
DocFuller

DocFuller

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hello All,

Finally made some time to install the RTR Grill and make some modifications to make it atad more unique. I liked the idea of the backlit letters Oracle sells and went to work!

I ordered enough letters to spell out FORD or BRONCO as I wasn’t sure what would fit and look right, BRONCO was just too big with the RTR logo spot so I opted to go with FORD instead and am very happy with how it turned out.

I didn’t measure everything but eyeballed it and used some painters tape to mask off lines and such.

the instructions and video were very straightforward and so I got underway!

Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal F0598B54-22EA-434E-B3DA-F77DD57232D4

Disassembly was very easy, instead of tape covered vicegrips I used a small clamp I had as it’s a plastic material so made life pretty easy.

Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal D4BBE3AD-C3B0-45B5-A9E7-43A9449856CD

got the wires from the letters ran, joined, and taped and really started thinking about how to secure it so there was no chance of the wire falling to where it could be seen and I had an “ah-ha” moment.

Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal A1318A04-AF68-4F2E-9407-135BE5975593

took a terminal connector and cut a hole through it for the wire to run and then attached it to one of the centerbar mounting points as seen here.

Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal 4C52EF94-938D-4978-BEAD-09A6A8C3A9DE

taped it all up and ran the excess wire under the LEDs and followed through with pulling it through the same holes as the light connectors on install.

I also attached the Oracle lights via A Deutsch connector so if I ever had to remove the grill, we’ll more a when not an if (@Mishimoto intercooler swap 😊) I can easily disconnect the wiring andnot have to worry!

Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal 9BF20DB4-A3B2-45A7-81C9-FAA282BF28D1

I have a few more updates to make here but that will be for another day!

(Before complete reassembly)
Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal ACB13B44-18EC-4626-8196-1571281ACE8B

(finished product)

Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal E90ADE83-4568-4E4A-8516-3264718186E3

Also took the pups up to the mountains in NC for a visit to a friend for the holidays and did sometrails in theCherokee National Forest 😊

Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal 9831634B-4E6F-4B1D-B423-5540A027E4E5

Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal 3C2341E2-11DB-45C0-B3F9-35D7C0317D72

Ford Bronco Sassy Build Journal C848D1BE-2B77-4C46-BC6A-334AB5BEF929

SpringBreak98

Black Diamond
First Name
Cade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hello All,

Finally made some time to install the RTR Grill and make some modifications to make it atad more unique. I liked the idea of the backlit letters Oracle sells and went to work!

I ordered enough letters to spell out FORD or BRONCO as I wasn’t sure what would fit and look right, BRONCO was just too big with the RTR logo spot so I opted to go with FORD instead and am very happy with how it turned out.

I didn’t measure everything but eyeballed it and used some painters tape to mask off lines and such.

the instructions and video were very straightforward and so I got underway!

Disassembly was very easy, instead of tape covered vicegrips I used a small clamp I had as it’s a plastic material so made life pretty easy.

got the wires from the letters ran, joined, and taped and really started thinking about how to secure it so there was no chance of the wire falling to where it could be seen and I had an “ah-ha” moment.

took a terminal connector and cut a hole through it for the wire to run and then attached it to one of the centerbar mounting points as seen here.

taped it all up and ran the excess wire under the LEDs and followed through with pulling it through the same holes as the light connectors on install.

I also attached the Oracle lights via A Deutsch connector so if I ever had to remove the grill, we’ll more a when not an if (@Mishimoto intercooler swap 😊) I can easily disconnect the wiring andnot have to worry!

I have a few more updates to make here but that will be for another day!

(Before complete reassembly)

(finished product)

Also took the pups up to the mountains in NC for a visit to a friend for the holidays and did sometrails in theCherokee National Forest 😊

Man the Oracle lighting with the RTR looks awesome and something I'd love to do just like this...but it also looks like a pain in the ass to do. I don't know about you but I run my bronco during the day with parking lamps on instead of auto or full headlamps on. Parking lights give you the brightest setting for the DRL's and not dimmed when the headlights are on. Curious if the letters light up on parking lights on the same as they would any other time?
Sponsored