First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Lux package with the 12" inch screen. I have my phone paired to the Bronco and CarPlay set up. I set up the screen on the Bronco so that the left side displays CarPlay and the frame on the right side displays the audio information. That's awesome, just the way I like It.

Then I turn off the Bronco.

Next time I start the Bronco the left side of the screen is not Carplay...it could be the built in Nav screen, could be the audio controls, could just be the settings screen. The right side of the screen is also anyone's guess. The point is that it doesn't stay how I left it and I have to set it back every time. It's such a pain to do this every time I drive my truck.

Is anyone else having this problem? or is there some setting or something I need to change to get this to stick or is this software really this bad?
Sponsored

Deltamav

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my 12" screen set up the same way (except I have Android Auto because Android > Apple), and I have the same issue where the layout resets every time I start the vehicle. It's a little annoying and I haven't figured out how to fix it.

Also, when I start the vehicle, sometimes I see a window pop up on the screen that says, "Bronco Saved." Any idea what that's about? And, although my phone connects to Android Auto wirelessly like 99% of the time, there are some instances where the vehicle refuses to connect wirelessly and insists that I plug in the phone via USB-C. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix that, either.

OP
OP

400HPMustang

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have my 12" screen set up the same way (except I have Android Auto because Android > Apple), and I have the same issue where the layout resets every time I start the vehicle. It's a little annoying and I haven't figured out how to fix it.

Also, when I start the vehicle, sometimes I see a window pop up on the screen that says, "Bronco Saved." Any idea what that's about? And, although my phone connects to Android Auto wirelessly like 99% of the time, there are some instances where the vehicle refuses to connect wirelessly and insists that I plug in the phone via USB-C. I haven't been able to figure out how to fix that, either.

Ooh yeah I have seen the "Bronco Saved" message and I have no clue what that's about. It doesn't seem to have made anything better, LOL. My phone connects to CarPlay all the time it's just sometimes connecting faster than other times. I haven't had to plug it in to connect it.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base

I’m having issues with CarPlay too. I have the 8” screen and when I first got my bronco I paired my phone and for the first few months wireless CarPlay worked great. Now the last month or so my bronco won’t remember my phone and I have to reconnect every time I turn the bronco on. Im almost to the point where im just going to start plugging it in for CarPlay. Not sure what’s going on but it’s frustrating to say the least…

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m having issues with CarPlay too. I have the 8” screen and when I first got my bronco I paired my phone and for the first few months wireless CarPlay worked great. Now the last month or so my bronco won’t remember my phone and I have to reconnect every time I turn the bronco on. Im almost to the point where im just going to start plugging it in for CarPlay. Not sure what’s going on but it’s frustrating to say the least…
Have you had an OTA update lately? What version of Ford Pass is on your rig?

Sponsored
OP
OP

400HPMustang

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't have my Bronco today, wife is driving it or I'd go check. I don't see the version in the app but I have had the truck connected to my wifi and I had checked for updates since I got it and didn't see any updates. If there's one in the last few days I don't know about it yet.

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think it said it was up to date but I may have to check again. Is it automatically updated or do you have to click to update?

Murraydog11

Outer Banks
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2Dr Outer Banks, Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think it said it was up to date but I may have to check again. Is it automatically updated or do you have to click to update?
User setting.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have the Lux package with the 12" inch screen. I have my phone paired to the Bronco and CarPlay set up. I set up the screen on the Bronco so that the left side displays CarPlay and the frame on the right side displays the audio information. That's awesome, just the way I like It.

Next time I start the Bronco the left side of the screen is not Carplay...it could be the built in Nav screen, could be the audio controls, could just be the settings screen. The right side of the screen is also anyone's guess. The point is that it doesn't stay how I left it and I have to set it back every time. It's such a pain to do this every time I drive my truck.

Is anyone else having this problem? or is there some setting or something I need to change to get this to stick or is this software really this bad?
Good afternoon. Would you please privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'll check into this display screen concern on my end. Thank you!

Sponsored

TheKim

Badlands
First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't think it's something being broken, I just think that's how it currently is. It'll likely will need a firmware patch OTA, to get the "pages" to stick on next bootup.
Hopefully Ford is taking note on what the people want, and will implement a "home page" for owners, so their screens stay how they want.

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I don't think there is anything wrong with yours, I think thats what all of ours do. Its super annoying but no way to "fix" it. The Bronco saved thing is random and often, no idea what thats about either.

OP
OP

400HPMustang

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach-E GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good afternoon. Would you please privately message us with your VIN and the name and location of your Ford dealer? I'll check into this display screen concern on my end. Thank you!
Sent. Thank you!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like mine, but my right screen usually defaults to built in nav. Which has expired so I don't want it showing at all, and my left screen usually defaults to audio, but off.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!
Sponsored