Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hello All,

I finally have my build date after almost 3 years of waiting. Now the question….

I ended up picking up a MY23 BB off the lot for MSRP awhile back. Any suggestions on how I should go about getting rid of the BB?

Trade to dealership?

Sell to CarMax, Carvana, somewhere else?

Private sale?

I do plan on keeping the BB until I know if all goes well with my order.
Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you can keep both, I would until the new one arrives and doesn't seem to have glaring QC issues. Always nice to have a back-up vehicle and even better if it is a Bronco. Once the honeymoon is over with the new one, then sell the Big Bend to Carvana, Vroom, etc.

If that isn't feasible, then I would trade it in on the new one for the tax savings. If the dealer low-balls you, then take delivery of the new one and flip the Big Bend after.

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you can keep both, I would until the new one arrives and doesn't seem to have glaring QC issues. Always nice to have a back-up vehicle and even better if it is a Bronco. Once the honeymoon is over with the new one, then sell the Big Bend to Carvana, Vroom, etc.

If that isn't feasible, then I would trade it in on the new one for the tax savings. If the dealer low-balls you, then take delivery of the new one and flip the Big Bend after.
That’s not a bad idea. I’m not sure I can keep both, but I may have to give it some thought.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To be honest, you may want to part ways with what you have no sooner rather than later. I cannot see the market staying as silly inflated as it has been too much longer. Provided you have something to drive in the mean time.

kyle

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I did Carvana to walk away from my Big Bend. I wasn't trying to be greedy and they had the best offer at the time. You should try mulitple different companies and go with the best offer in your timeline. You can also trade in like other posters said and you know its worth on carvana or carmax before you enter the negotiation. At the time Carvana was like 38K, and Carmax was like 32k it was a pretty substantial gap.

Sponsored
OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To be honest, you may want to part ways with what you have no sooner rather than later. I cannot see the market staying as silly inflated as it has been too much longer. Provided you have something to drive in the mean time.
I do. 🤔

OP
OP
mlcinema

mlcinema

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Off Road
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did Carvana to walk away from my Big Bend. I wasn't trying to be greedy and they had the best offer at the time. You should try mulitple different companies and go with the best offer in your timeline. You can also trade in like other posters said and you know its worth on carvana or carmax before you enter the negotiation. At the time Carvana was like 38K, and Carmax was like 32k it was a pretty substantial gap.
I was thinking I would get offers before I go pick up the BD.

cashe3

Outer Banks
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Santa Fe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One thing to understand is, no matter what option you choose to move on from the BB, within a month you will find a chance to get 5K more than you receive.
I 🙄
Sponsored