SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thought we should introduce ourselves and our 2022 Bronco WildTrak that is getting some changes.

ADV Fenders +5” ✅
1.5” Mikellis Body Lift ✅
Boss 4X4 swaybar mod✅
Crash bar deletes✅
ARB Toolbox✅
DV8 rear bumper✅
Ford beadlocks✅
Apex valve stems✅
Monster Hooks Rock Rings✅
40X13.5R17 Open Country MT-delivered
Dual shear UCA mounts-delivered
Modify rear bumper with reaper frame mounted tire carrier-not yet
32 Spline 4.7 Spicer FDU-delivered
32 Spline axles-delivered
RK Triangulation kit-✅
Weld axle tubes to diff housing when installing RK Triangulation kit ✅
RK PB&J lower arms-ordered
RPG UCA-ordered
RPG tie rods-ordered
74Weld S3 steering rack-ordered
74Weld portals with double shear-ordered
NV Motor sports UHMW full skids, diff skid, and diff cover-ordered
Armadillo slantback hardtop-Ordered

Probably missing some random stuff but those are the important(?) bits. Hopefully done by May but we’ll see. The PB&J might be as far as eight weeks out.

Ford Bronco SierraBronco's WildTrak Build IMG_9285
Sponsored

Last edited:

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is a build. A very pricy build. Can't wait to see it finished! :love:

Where was the photo taken?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

One of those things where I’m trying to do it right from the start.

That was in Moab.
Go for it man! I had a similar build I was thinking about that I was estimating was in the low $40k's. Portals and the billet rack are great, but they really blow a budget... lol (I do have the rack.)

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Go for it man! I had a similar build I was thinking about that I was estimating was in the low $40k's. Portals and the billet rack are great, but they really blow a budget... lol (I do have the rack.)
Yeah I hear ya. Saw the checking account expenditures for last month and while I knew my budget it hits differently seeing it all come out 😂 Especially when you could buy a brand new decently trimmed Bronco for the same amount. Yikes! But the portals solve the problems I’ve always had with conventional lifts and with the rest of the upgrades I justify it by saying I’d rather pay for better stuff instead of recovery costs. (Whether that’s reality or not is a different discussion)

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah I hear ya. Saw the checking account expenditures for last month and while I knew my budget it hits differently seeing it all come out 😂 Especially when you could buy a brand new decently trimmed Bronco for the same amount. Yikes! But the portals solve the problems I’ve always had with conventional lifts and with the rest of the upgrades I justify it by saying I’d rather pay for better stuff instead of recovery costs. (Whether that’s reality or not is a different discussion)
I was also looking at it as a risk reduction, at least for the type of off roading I'd like to do.

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was also looking at it as a risk reduction, at least for the type of off roading I'd like to do.
The more capable the rig, the further away you can get from people and the less evidence of people you’ll see. Like litter, for example. Used to be backpacking but my 16 year old pup can’t move like she used to and honestly-neither can I.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Thought we should introduce ourselves and our 2022 Bronco WildTrak that is getting some changes.

ADV Fenders +5” ✅
1.5” Mikellis Body Lift ✅
Boss 4X4 swaybar mod✅
Crash bar deletes✅
ARB Toolbox✅
DV8 rear bumper✅
Ford beadlocks✅
Modify rear bumper with reaper frame mounted tire carrier-not yet
32 Spline 4.7 Spicer FDU-delivered
32 Spline axles-ordered
RK Triangulation kit-ordered
Weld axle tubes to diff housing when installing R
RK PB&J lower arms-ordered
RPG UCA-ordered
RPG tie rods-ordered
74Weld S3 steering rack-ordered
74Weld portals with dual sheer-ordered
NV Motor sports UHMW full skids, diff skid, and diff cover-ordered

Probably missing some random stuff but that’s the important stuff. Hopefully done by May but we’ll see. The PB&J might be as far as eight weeks out.

View attachment 624918
Great picture 🔥. Welcome to the forum and we hope you enjoy your Bronco!

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

This will be a great setup, my only suggestion is the Swaybar out of a Badlands, on our WT I hooked it up to #1 switch...The best part is you can use it at any speed, any mode. highly recommend.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will be a great setup, my only suggestion is the Swaybar out of a Badlands, on our WT I hooked it up to #1 switch...The best part is you can use it at any speed, any mode. highly recommend.
Interesting. You prefer the e-disco to the AntiRocks?

Sponsored
OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for feedback! When I found these Boss 4x4 links I was intrigued. Will be doing some wheeling this weekend to test them out more thoroughly but the articulation has improved just playing around on some improvised ramps. Not certain if they’re as good as the Badlands disconnect though

IMG_3787.jpeg

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for feedback! When I found these Boss 4x4 links I was intrigued. Will be doing some wheeling this weekend to test them out more thoroughly but the articulation has improved just playing around on some improvised ramps. Not certain if they’re as good as the Badlands disconnect though

IMG_3787.jpeg
Yeah I seen those before and it's an interesting design and probably works halfway good off road however, for any true on-road high-speed driving a long sweeping turn and those things would bottom out and this sway bar would be doing absolutely nothing. Another concern would be high speed accident avoidance, where you have to whip the steering wheel back and forth to avoid something like maybe a deer jumping in your path, it seems to me that the sway bar would not have or add much stability with these parts attached.

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I seen those before and it's an interesting design and probably works halfway good off road however, for any true on-road high-speed driving a long sweeping turn and those things would bottom out and this sway bar would be doing absolutely nothing. Another concern would be high speed accident avoidance, where you have to whip the steering wheel back and forth to avoid something like maybe a deer jumping in your path, it seems to me that the sway bar would not have much stability with these parts attached.
I did play with them on the interstate and while there’s a slight “lag” compared to stock on quick turns it wasn’t enough to worry about. Didn’t think about long corners like canyon driving-that’s a really good point.

OP
OP
SierraBronco

SierraBronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Wow that's quite a list! Look forward to seeing it come together :cool:
Me too! Just waiting on everything to show up! Wasn’t expecting skids, UCA’s, or the Rock Krawler stuff to be so far out on their manufacturing. I only expected to be waiting on the portals and rack. (Steering rack is actually done but I told them to just ship it out with the portals)
Sponsored