• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 10, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 10, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
Sponsored

Sold: Maryland Single JL Audio C1-400x speaker for sale **new price**

DCxHog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q7; Audi S5 convertible
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Recently upgraded the 4" B&O speakers in my First Edition Bronco. As a result, I have a single JL speaker for sale that would be helpful to anyone else planning the same upgrade. Speaker is unopened and still in the original box. I will also include the wiring harness to make the install as easy as possible. As an added bonus, I will include some unused Kilmat sheets for enhancing performance of dash and rear pod speakers. Worth noting I installed these speakers in the dash so I can only verify the fit in all three of those locations.

Asking $40 incl shipping

Ford Bronco Single JL Audio C1-400x speaker for sale **new price** IMG_2238D
Ford Bronco Single JL Audio C1-400x speaker for sale **new price** IMG_2239D
Sponsored

Last edited:

DFWBronco

Badlands
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands soon, 2020 4Runner, 2012 Hayabusa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, I have the Badlands with B&O also... Would like to know your thoughts upon the upgrade? I have been considering the same myself, but unsure of how much difference it would make over the B&O?

Can you elaborate ? Did you upgrade the 3 in the dash only? Rear speakers and Sub?

OP
OP

DCxHog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Happy to provide some thoughts. I replaced all of the 4” speakers in my bronco (3 dash and 2 rear). I used the JL Audio speakers in the dash and the Focal ACX 100’s in the rear pods. I have not touched front 6.5” kick panel speakers or the sub. That said, the sound of the system is now noticeably improved. The sound is much tighter and more responsive. I followed this post to guide my upgrades (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-sound-system-complete-upgrade-done-✅.41031/). The stock sub in the B&O system is still an issue with any music containing deep bass tracks but for now I have not decided whether or not to address this problem area. I am extremely happy with the changes made this far. Well worth the ~$300 investment. Hope this helps.

cdmbrennan

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door Big Bend, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I dont need the Kilmat…that should cut down on weight. $50 shipped to 63105? Thanks for the consideration.

OP
OP

DCxHog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I will do it for $55. If that works, please send me a DM with your details for shipping.

Sponsored

cdmbrennan

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4-Door Big Bend, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sorry; those speakers are $79 a pair shipped from multiple vendors. I’ll pass. GLWTS.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Happy to provide some thoughts. I replaced all of the 4” speakers in my bronco (3 dash and 2 rear). I used the JL Audio speakers in the dash and the Focal ACX 100’s in the rear pods. I have not touched front 6.5” kick panel speakers or the sub. That said, the sound of the system is now noticeably improved. The sound is much tighter and more responsive. I followed this post to guide my upgrades (https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/b-o-sound-system-complete-upgrade-done-✅.41031/). The stock sub in the B&O system is still an issue with any music containing deep bass tracks but for now I have not decided whether or not to address this problem area. I am extremely happy with the changes made this far. Well worth the ~$300 investment. Hope this helps.
How is the brightness? Do the highs overpower the mids?

I was planning on following the same Focal in back/JL in front strategy because of the brightness discussion in that thread you reference. Crutchfield is advising me to use the silk dome Polk DB 402s in front instead of the aluminum in the JLs.

OP
OP

DCxHog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Sorry; those speakers are $79 a pair shipped from multiple vendors. I’ll pass. GLWTS.
sorry. Paid approx $100 for a pair from crutchfield so just trying to equally split the cost which seems fair to me. best of luck

OP
OP

DCxHog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
How is the brightness? Do the highs overpower the mids?

I was planning on following the same Focal in back/JL in front strategy because of the brightness discussion in that thread you reference. Crutchfield is advising me to use the silk dome Polk DB 402s in front instead of the aluminum in the JLs.

OP
OP

DCxHog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
i have not found that to be an issue. i had installed the rear focal speakers first while waiting on these JL's to be delivered. you could hear a difference of quality but still dominated by factory dash speakers. biggest improvement came when the dash speakers were replace. very noticable improvement. I have not found them to have a bright sound at all but I suspect everyone has a different "ear"

Sponsored
OP
OP

DCxHog

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
lowered price given sale price at retailers