Sponsored

Slipstream security enclosure Molle panel upgrade...

phoenix00

Wildtrak
First Name
Phoenix
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Platinum Screw 3.5L eb FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

One of the first mods to my Bronco was the Diabolical slipstream security enclosure which is awesome and works great (no rattle, very secure, VERY well engineered and incredible customer service - I'll be adding another post on my experiences with a slew of different vendors, coming soon).

However, it eliminated by ability to install most Bronco Molle panel upgrades. I know Alan at Diabolical has talked about providing a Molle panel option for the back wall (and he already offers it for the underside of the top), but he doesn't have anything yet, and I really wanted something for the back wall. Struggling to find a generic Molle mounting panel, stumbled across Built Right's 25"x15.5" Universal Mounting panel. It's damn near PERFECT size for the back wall, and they also sell a mounting kit which includes the spacers you'll need as well as the screws and nuts. HOWEVER, the screws it comes with are 1.5" and to get through the added thickness of the Diabolical enclosure, you'll want to grab some 1 3/4" long screws instead. The spacers which come with the kit are almost exactly the right thickness for the Diabolical enclosure, if you use both the small and large spacers, stacked, you'll end up about 1/32" of an inch above the lip of the enclosure, and once you tighten it down, super snug.

Pretty easy mod, just have to drill 6 holes through the enclosure, 1/4" drill bit seems to be the perfect size, drop the screws through the panel (lining all of them up as you're trying to put the panel on is probably hardest part), then tighten down and good to go. ONE WARNING - the quick disconnects that come with the enclosure are a little too long to fit through the panel if it's mounted to close to the left side of the enclosure (initially I mounted with about an 1/8' gap (see 2nd and 3rd pictures), and discovered I couldn't get the pin through the Molle panel and then through the mounting holes), if you slide the panel about 3/4 of an inch or so from the left side (first picture, as installed), you can then slide the pins through the hole without an issue (little tug on the metal retaining clips). Take a look at the pictures and you'll see what I mean. Anyways, very happy with how it turned out, if anyone has any questions, let me know. Listed below is the Diabolical enclosure, the universal mounting panel, and the mounting hardware kit. Total cost for the Molle panel addition was less than $120...

Oh, and since the rear wall is removable, you can mount the Molle panel to the rear wall and it's all still removable, in case you need to put something larger in the back, the Molle panel and rear wall pull out just like Diabolical designed it...

https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/coll...s/slipstream-bronco-security-enclosure-4-door
https://builtrightind.com/products/tech-plate-25-0-x-15-5-universal-molle-mounting-panel
https://builtrightind.com/products/tech-plate-42pc-mounting-hardware-kit-red
Ford Bronco Slipstream security enclosure Molle panel upgrade... IMG_1827
Ford Bronco Slipstream security enclosure Molle panel upgrade... 68400666322__38A73AF0-421B-40F0-AB20-4E418E486363

Ford Bronco Slipstream security enclosure Molle panel upgrade... IMG_1820

Ford Bronco Slipstream security enclosure Molle panel upgrade... IMG_1819

IMG_1820.jpeg
Sponsored