First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Been following this forum with all the ups and downs for some time now – first post.

Without apologies (but with sympathies) – I am a relatively late reservation – converted to order on March 1, 21’. Received a Vin on my 4dr soft top outer banks 2.7 advanced lux/tow on 4/22 with an original build date of 6/28. This build date has been moved numerous times and is currently sitting at August 9 (although at this point I kinda hope it gets pushed to Sept 1 to receive the complementary HardTop set up kit). I changed color from carbonized gray to antimatter blue after order, vin assignment and build date to antimatter blue – I have roast cloth.

Anyway – apologies in advance if this has been covered but does anyone know the following:

Is the Tuffy Security Enclosure raised lid designed to work with the soft top in the fully lowered/locked position? I know that on wranglers this was an issue

And will having the rear cargo mat even if it isn’t that thick impact this.

Also two other issues –

• has anyone gotten a successful charge on wireless charger on an iphone 12 max pro while the vehicle is moving
  • Has anyone measure the height of the antenna – will likely switch to something slightly smaller to clear my garage so it doesn’t hit the stucco every day.

Thanks in advance – looking forward to some info and some sarcasm and silliness
Sponsored

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Been following this forum with all the ups and downs for some time now – first post.

Without apologies (but with sympathies) – I am a relatively late reservation – converted to order on March 1, 21’. Received a Vin on my 4dr soft top outer banks 2.7 advanced lux/tow on 4/22 with an original build date of 6/28. This build date has been moved numerous times and is currently sitting at August 9 (although at this point I kinda hope it gets pushed to Sept 1 to receive the complementary HardTop set up kit). I changed color from carbonized gray to antimatter blue after order, vin assignment and build date to antimatter blue – I have roast cloth.

Anyway – apologies in advance if this has been covered but does anyone know the following:

Is the Tuffy Security Enclosure raised lid designed to work with the soft top in the fully lowered/locked position? I know that on wranglers this was an issue

Also two other issues –

• has anyone gotten a successful charge on wireless charger on an iphone 12 max pro while the vehicle is moving
  • Has anyone measure the height of the antenna – will likely switch to something slightly smaller to clear my garage so it doesn’t hit the stucco every day.

I can't answer the Tuffy security question but I can tell you this on the wireless charger... I was watching a live Bronco Nation walkaround on Instagram. I asked them how well the wireless charger worked. Jordan (the BN rep) had a 12 Max iphone and he dumped it in there and moved it around. The thing was charging the whole time. In this case I think having a bigger phone might actually be beneficial as it doesn't give it as much room to move around.

OP
OP

rub5018

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't answer the Tuffy security question but I can tell you this on the wireless charger... I was watching a live Bronco Nation walkaround on Instagram. I asked them how well the wireless charger worked. Jordan (the BN rep) had a 12 Max iphone and he dumped it in there and moved it around. The thing was charging the whole time. In this case I think having a bigger phone might actually be beneficial as it doesn't give it as much room to move around.
Great - thanks

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@rub5018
I asked Ford performance parts about whether the doors could somehow be shoved in the back with the enclosure still sorta in place. They went right to Tuffy and they replied that they didn't have a Bronco to see if they still fit. So if you opt to order the enclosure when you get your Bronco, let me know if they can still fit somehow!

OP
OP

rub5018

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
@rub5018
I asked Ford performance parts about whether the doors could somehow be shoved in the back with the enclosure still sorta in place. They went right to Tuffy and they replied that they didn't have a Bronco to see if they still fit. So if you opt to order the enclosure when you get your Bronco, let me know if they can still fit somehow!
Will do - though i believe i read somewhere that this might not be possible.

Sponsored

amccue90

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Will do - though i believe i read somewhere that this might not be possible.
They said the pull out drawer raises the doors up too high; maybe no top it'll still work?

I for sure understand that the doors can't fit with the enclosure lid on, but I specifically asked Tuffy about slipping the lid between a few doors, they said maybe. But that was two months ago.

Hopefully its not confirmed that these two features don't work with eachother, but it wouldn't surprise me.

OP
OP

rub5018

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They said the pull out drawer raises the doors up too high; maybe no top it'll still work?

I for sure understand that the doors can't fit with the enclosure lid on, but I specifically asked Tuffy about slipping the lid between a few doors, they said maybe. But that was two months ago.

Hopefully its not confirmed that these two features don't work with eachother, but it wouldn't surprise me.
Yep - i don't imagine the slide out tailgate accessory would work either.

TheColemans05

Badlands
First Name
Josh & Katie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silverado Trailboss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also two other issues –

Curious what your res date was?

Espy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XLT Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

In this case I think having a bigger phone might actually be beneficial as it doesn't give it as much room to move around.
This is probably true. In my wife’s Sport, her iPhone 12 Pro loses the wireless connection while driving.

OP
OP

rub5018

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Curious what your res date was?
I had reserved a black diamond on 10/15 but got cold feet and cancelled on 10/28. Then I saw the light and did a new reservation for the outer banks on 2/19

Sponsored
OP
OP

rub5018

Outer Banks
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is probably true. In my wife’s Sport, her iPhone 12 Pro loses the wireless connection while driving.
Yes - this is what i had heard - that sitting in a parking lot it might charge - but when driving there were issues - hopefully they have worked this out or it is somewhat different in the big brother bronco - but not a deal breaker

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I had reserved a black diamond on 10/15 but got cold feet and cancelled on 10/28. Then I saw the light and did a new reservation for the outer banks on 2/19
Feb reservation (4-door soft top) with a VIN. If not a priority or VIP order, this would indicate to me that Ford will indeed be pumping out lots of 4-dor soft tops for dealer inventory in the near future.
Sponsored