Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Great job! This is what I was looking at doing too.
Does the Tuffy security box bow at all in the center from the weight of the fridge?
I think it would if you put the fridge directly on it…that is why I added the plywood on top to strengthen it. There is also a front lip on top of the security box that would prevent the slide from working if it was mounted directly…so I needed the extra height of the plywood regardless.
Sponsored

H - 2 CHARLIE

Wildtrak
First Name
CHARLIE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F 150 - E 350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is that unit a compresser or gas style ?

OP
OP
broncomorrow

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks great. I'm definitely getting that drawer system and it's nice to know this is an option.

Sponsored

Raptor18

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-250 Tremor, 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What is with everyone and fridges?
Have I not accepted a new first world problem with my cooler and ice?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is with everyone and fridges?
Have I not accepted a new first world problem with my cooler and ice?
The fridge is a game changer if you use it more than occasionally. No wasted space in the cooler on ice, can keep stuff frozen, no worries about it leaking. I used to commute from Flagstaff to Phoenix, Tucson, ABQ, Las Vegas by car 45 weeks per year. The fridge allowed me to take all my meals for the week with me and not have to worry about replenishing ice daily. At the end of the trip I could hit up Costco for frozen items and get them home unmelted. My wife started taking my commuter car for her grocery shopping, she could hit multiple stores and but cold stuff at each, then not rush home. Game changer.

Raptor18

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

The fridge is a game changer if you use it more than occasionally. No wasted space in the cooler on ice, can keep stuff frozen, no worries about it leaking. I used to commute from Flagstaff to Phoenix, Tucson, ABQ, Las Vegas by car 45 weeks per year. The fridge allowed me to take all my meals for the week with me and not have to worry about replenishing ice daily. At the end of the trip I could hit up Costco for frozen items and get them home unmelted. My wife started taking my commuter car for her grocery shopping, she could hit multiple stores and but cold stuff at each, then not rush home. Game changer.
Christ. Now I have to look into buying one.
So the fridge will continue to run on 12v without killing the battery overnight? Do you guys adjust the power off timer in Forscan?

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Christ. Now I have to look into buying one.
So the fridge will continue to run on 12v without killing the battery overnight? Do you guys adjust the power off timer in Forscan?
I run mine directly to the battery with 10 gauge or better wire. Mine didn’t like being wired to the 12v outlet in the cargo area, the wires are too small causing the voltage to appear low and trigger the protection circuit on hot days. If you run the car daily it’s a non issue, the ARB fridge I use has a voltage protection sensor that will shut down the fridge if the voltage gets too low. On the factory battery it’s good for 2-3 days in moderate temperatures, about 24 hours in Phoenix summer when the interior of the car is 150+ degrees. I ran a separate group 31 battery in my sedan and the fridge would go for a week in non summer conditions, about 2 days in Phoenix summers. If I’m not using it for a few days I either plug it in to 110v or shut it off.

This picture is from my Passat TDI.
Ford Bronco Installed fridge slide on top of Tuffy cargo security drawer D0511DCE-86E5-4EB4-849B-29E7AE9D9960

Raptor18

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I run mine directly to the battery with 10 gauge or better wire. Mine didn’t like being wired to the 12v outlet in the cargo area, the wires are too small causing the voltage to appear low and trigger the protection circuit on hot days. If you run the car daily it’s a non issue, the ARB fridge I use has a voltage protection sensor that will shut down the fridge if the voltage gets too low. On the factory battery it’s good for 2-3 days in moderate temperatures, about 24 hours in Phoenix summer when the interior of the car is 150+ degrees. I ran a separate group 31 battery in my sedan and the fridge would go for a week in non summer conditions, about 2 days in Phoenix summers. If I’m not using it for a few days I either plug it in to 110v or shut it off.

This picture is from my Passat TDI.
Ford Bronco Installed fridge slide on top of Tuffy cargo security drawer D0511DCE-86E5-4EB4-849B-29E7AE9D9960
Thank you, very cool. I know the wife would love to not be limited hitting a couple stores without having to worry about cold items warming.
Appreciate the info!

Sponsored

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Very slick, including the box underneath and slide out thingy. Very professional looking. I would definitely use it if I intended to camp in my Bronco

For the last 6 months I have used a low tech system that uses much less space, and works great in my 2003 Chevy Trailblazer. As I ordered a 2 door with limited space I will use it in my Bronco too, I don't camp in my vehicle.
So far so good, completely portable. I take it out with all my food and beverages and put it in the hotel room when I travel for work or pleasure: Hotel mini fridges tend to freeze all my veggies and fruits and ruin them this will not.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B089QX3B3V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:

lmarchetti

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How close do you get to your Gross Vehicle Weight Rating when you are fully loaded? I have been trying to get mine setup for day camping and am starting to get close with people in the car...

OP
OP
broncomorrow

broncomorrow

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

How close do you get to your Gross Vehicle Weight Rating when you are fully loaded? I have been trying to get mine setup for day camping and am starting to get close with people in the car...
If I’m working from the right numbers than I should have some room to spare once I get a roof rack and some other equipment installed on the exterior. I do pull a smallish adventure trailer with a roof top tent on it…so it holds 90% of my overlanding gear. In the bronco will be me, the wife, son, two dogs and the. Some luggage and miscellaneous gear. I plan to have a roof rack put on at some point and add my road shower and some storage containers to it. My Bronco is my daily driver so I don’t want to bog it down with too much stuff…big reason I got the trailer.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just got done installing a fridge slide on top on the Tuffy cargo security drawer - thought I‘d share if anyone else was thinking of doing something similar. Didn’t take too long to do but was definitely more of a pain than I thought it would be. Since the security drawer says it can only hold 50lbs on top I removed the tie down straps and added a 3/4” piece of carpeted plywood on top to provide more support and then bolted the fridge slide on top. Seems plenty sturdy so far. The fridge slide had to overhang the security drawer a bit in order to make sure I could open the top of the fridge enough…it doesn’t open all the way due to hitting the back window, but it opens plenty wide to get things in and out just fine.

edit: the fridge is a Dometic CFX3 55IM in case anyone was wondering.

Diggin' it, but same side as your tailgate shelf? Looks smooth.
Sponsored