First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Basesquatch, 2005 HD springer,2010 sporty
Your Bronco Model
Base
This one seems to be better designed. I just thought of all the sand that will end up in those side gaps after a summer at the Jersey shore lol. Will wait and see I’m sure there will be better and improved options available soon. For most a lockable/secure storage is a necessity with a soft top.
Pool noodles stuffed in there might help with keeping items from getting into the gap and might even help with the reported rattles.
Sponsored

Ripcurl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DodgeRam 1500 Laramie, HarleyDavidson 48
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made it until 1:25 or so when the guy started that gnarly coughing and I shut off the volume, obviously not a full time social media influencer ;)

Appreciate the video though, agree with others, will wait for another solution

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should make it a two drawer unit with a brace in the middle. That would fix the weight capacity problem.
See above where I loaded well over 200lbs worth of crap on top:
Kodiak 10x14 canvas tent plus poles
Ion Pathfinder 280 speaker
cooler full of 30lbs of ice plus content
2 x milwaukee packout crates full of camping crap
various electronics equipment
5 gallons of water
5 gallons of fuel

I wouldn't get hung up on the 50lbs thing. The reason I picked this drawer is because it has a lock. I regularly need to secure $2500-3000 worth of gear back there day to day with some comfort that it would take someone considerable effort to get in. I did have to slim out my laptop bag a little so I wish the unit was maybe 2 inches taller on the interior, but it works as is. Having this drawer hard mounted and the rest of my gear removable made for really great off-roading and camping. I intend to get a sheet of 1/2" or 3/4" plywood, cover the majority in outdoor carpet, and install recessed tie downs that are flush with the decking when folded.

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great video! You could always add a thin aluminum precut top to eliminate the gaps on both sides and then add the tie downs on top of it to secure. As far as the screws, I like the idea of the torx, which can always be purchased. A small piece of floor mat rubber could also cover the unfinished area where the caps were removed. Thanks for providing us with your video! This definitely helps me out when I get mine this month
just to clarify, I did not make this video, it came around on Facebook and since I had not seen it here yet, I linked to it. Answered all my questions and made it clear this is the wrong box for me.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For most a lockable/secure storage is a necessity with a soft top.
or a hard top. The vast majority of cars that get broken into have non removable hard tops and glass windows....

62chad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've had by 70 pound fridge on top with camping gear loaded to the roof. Only rattle I get is when I'm doing something extreme...the dividers are nice cause they keep everything from slinging around on turns. Love mine. I'm gonna build a platform to put over the top this weekend.

dclark127

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm a little late to the reply on this. I also have the Ford security drawer and Love it. Yes, I was a little annoyed by the gaps on the sides and behind it, but only at first. Once I loaded it up, I used the gaps on the side for longer items like an umbrella and longer tools.

The big fix for me was when I stumbled upon the WeatherTech Trim to fit mat at Target for $45. I originally intended to trim it, but once I got it in there, it fit perfectly. The sides and back roll up a little and cover the gaps very well. It even covers the cubby hole on the passenger side. Nothing slides around and it seems to be a sound deadener for all my junk in the drawer.

Sorry for the poor lighting pics. Will try for a better one tomorrow if needy people need it.

Ford Bronco Video details the Slide Out Cargo Area Security Drawer (installed) PXL_20211121_004154028

Jsquiggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco 2dr. OBX 2.7 Lux
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Any suggestions on how to get one of these bad boys for a 2 door? Storage solutions seem to be severely lacking in comparison
Sponsored