Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My apologies if this has been asked - a search rendered nada.

After having folded the soft top down and up exactly twice, I noticed what can only be described as a worn spot on the edge of the fabric approximately in the middle of the back door window. It wasn't there when I picked it up and thought that perhaps my wife's ring caught it or something.

Then she looks at the driver's side - same thing in the same spot. It's obvious to me that those spots are at a bend and are rubbing against something. There will be a hole in those spots in another month or so if I keep lowering it. Is this a known issue?
Ford Bronco Soft top defect? 20220530_160420
Ford Bronco Soft top defect? 20220530_160339
Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Are you arranging it into an S shape so it does not run any of the squares off edges if the frame? We make the S shape then pull our top taught and haven’t notice this. Maybe I just don’t look 🤷‍♂️

OP
OP
jnew71

jnew71

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Black Daimond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Are you arranging it into an S shape so it does not run any of the squares off edges if the frame? We make the S shape then pull our top taught and haven’t notice this. Maybe I just don’t look 🤷‍♂️
Is that a suggestion by Ford or someone on this board or something you came up with?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not sure if ford states this anywhere. It is referenced on this board and in the videos I watched prior to getting my bronco. You only need to do it for the first week or so. We got my wife’s Bronco Wed. and it already naturally goes into the right shape. We still check it. Hers has been open the majority of the week tho.
Sponsored

Last edited: