First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
First let me apologize for posting a question that I’ve already bugged a couple other members about but I can’t seem to get an answer nor find one and I have searched for several days. I have a set of 285/70/17‘s ready to go on my BB Monday morning and I cannot determine if I will have to do anything with the third brake light or IF I need some sort of spacer for the larger tire to fit on the mount. I know the tires will fit the rims and not require the crash bars to be removed but my only concern is the spare tire area. I know there is a company that makes an extender to raise the light which I can order but I would prefer not to. Thank you all for any help.

EDIT: As a side question since all I’m really wanting is a more aggressive all-terrain tire not necessarily needing to look like a Sasquatch tire would I be better off going with 255/70/17 KO2’s or 275’s?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Scsoren

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

First let me apologize for posting a question that I’ve already bugged a couple other members about but I can’t seem to get an answer nor find one and I have searched for several days. I have a set of 285/70/17‘s ready to go on my BB Monday morning and I cannot determine if I will have to do anything with the third brake light or IF I need some sort of spacer for the larger tire to fit on the mount. I know the tires will fit the rims and not require the crash bars to be removed but my only concern is the spare tire area. I know there is a company that makes an extender to raise the light which I can order but I would prefer not to. Thank you all for any help.

EDIT: As a side question since all I’m really wanting is a more aggressive all-terrain tire not necessarily needing to look like a Sasquatch tire would I be better off going with 255/70/17 KO2’s or 275’s?
I’m curious as to how it went with the third brake light? I went with 295/70/17 KO2s but they did not have the 5th one ready yet and is on order. will it fit under the brake light?

OP
OP
CADUC3US

CADUC3US

Big Bend
First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco / 1997 F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m curious as to how it went with the third brake light? I went with 295/70/17 KO2s but they did not have the 5th one ready yet and is on order. will it fit under the brake light?
Well, the brake light ended up not being the issue with the 285/70/17's as it cleared the light but barely...the width was the issue I didn't expect. Without a spacer (comes on Sasquatch?) the rubber stoppers on the door causes the tire to sit on the spare mount at an angle. The bottom lug would not thread properly and I did not want to damage the threads. My solution was to exchange the 285/70/17 Kenda for the same Kenda but in the 255/75/17 size so it would fit like the original spare. The width wont be the same but the height difference will be minimal and the spare will match the rest without having to order more parts or modifying. I worry that 295's will be an issue for the brake light. Let me know what you end up with.
Sponsored