Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey yall

I’m installing a plug and play kit. I’ve already installed the speaker portion, now I’m wiring the mono amp and subs but I’m having trouble figuring out the amp inputs for the sub. I’ve attached photos of the sub input portion of the plug and play kit as well as the input for the amp. I’m assuming I’ll need to convert the 4 wires coming off the AC-LGD into RCAs, correct? Any help would really be appreciated

IMG_4898.png

IMG_4897.png
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hey yall

I’m installing a plug and play kit. I’ve already installed the speaker portion, now I’m wiring the mono amp and subs but I’m having trouble figuring out the amp inputs for the sub. I’ve attached photos of the sub input portion of the plug and play kit as well as the input for the amp. I’m assuming I’ll need to convert the 4 wires coming off the AC-LGD into RCAs, correct? Any help would really be appreciated

Ford Bronco Subwoofer amp wiring question IMG_4897

You should have a small harness to the amp for high level inputs. You can tie that directly to the Broncos speaker level wires and move the input voltage switch on the amp to high level.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can't tell which amp that is nor did you specify which plug-and-play kit you got.

But, based on the photos alone... yes... you need to convert those 4 wires to 2 RCAs (I assume the kit would come with that?), and switch the Input Voltage switch to "High".

OP
OP

Shagewood

Outer Banks
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘22 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I can't tell which amp that is nor did you specify which plug-and-play kit you got.

But, based on the photos alone... yes... you need to convert those 4 wires to 2 RCAs (I assume the kit would come with that?), and switch the Input Voltage switch to "High".
Apologies I didn’t think it mattered. It’s kit 35 and the amp is a JL1000/1. The kit didn’t come with any harness or plug (I’m assuming bc I supplied the JL amp and that’s not something Joe regularly deals with)

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Apologies I didn’t think it mattered. It’s kit 35 and the amp is a JL1000/1. The kit didn’t come with any harness or plug (I’m assuming bc I supplied the JL amp and that’s not something Joe regularly deals with)
Ohhhhh so you just bought the generic wiring harness from him. Now I gotcha. I knew that was a JL Audio amp, but I was pretty confident he didn't sell JL Audio so I got all twisted up.

I haven't seen that harness in person, but I'm sure you'll just need to buy RCA plugs and solder/crimp the RCA plugs to those wires. Markertek is my usual go-to source for that sort of stuff, but I'm sure there are a wide variety of places you can find it.

jdbabb4247

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey yall

Just took mine to Best Buy, (installed Infinity subwoofer from Crutchfiel), $130.
Sponsored