Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got a thread with tons of info to help you figure all of this out:

Subwoofer upgrade: Replacing/upgrading the factory sub

There are lots of ways to go about it and it would be impossible to capture all of them in a single thread. But should be a good primer.
Sponsored

OP
OP
cmbyrd77

cmbyrd77

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So my dealer isn’t honoring the TSB on the subwoofer rattle since mine was built after 3/2023. So I’m just going to switch them out. Has anyone done this yet? Any brand recommendations? I’m assuming they are 8”?
@Ford Motor Company

OP
OP
cmbyrd77

cmbyrd77

Wildtrak
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I got a thread with tons of info to help you figure all of this out:

Subwoofer upgrade: Replacing/upgrading the factory sub

There are lots of ways to go about it and it would be impossible to capture all of them in a single thread. But should be a good primer.
@Ksjrb03 @cmcbronco @RagnarKon you and three seem to be the most knowledgeable on this subject! Thank you for all the info! I’ve tried reading through all the threads. I have a few questions. Keep in mind, I have the upgraded B&O system, and I’m going to try and do this all myself.

1) The other 6 speakers seem somewhat easy so I don’t really have any questions on these. It seems like either Kickers or JL’s are the best.
2) can I swap out just the sub and use the factory amp?
3) can an 8” fit (which brand) without any modifications to the housing?
4) I have the rear cargo drawer installed. It looks like I will have to take that back out to remove the rear side panel, correct? I was hoping access to the sun would be easier but it looks like from @RagnarKon video, it’s not that simple.

I appreciate all the help!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1) The other 6 speakers seem somewhat easy so I don’t really have any questions on these. It seems like either Kickers or JL’s are the best.
There are lots of good options, but Kickers and JL's do seem to be the most popular options.

I obviously used Kickers, but in full transparency the only reason why is because they had a killer Black Friday sale last year when I bought everything. I have no real attachment or loyalty to Kicker as a whole.
2) can I swap out just the sub and use the factory amp?
Yes. We don't have the exact specifications for that amp, but we believe the factory amplifier is around ~200 watts.
3) can an 8” fit (which brand) without any modifications to the housing?
If you don't have the B&O package, the vast majority of the 6.75" subwoofers will fit in the enclosure without any modifications. For the B&O subwoofer enclosure it's a little more tricky. A few people have modified the subwoofer itself to fit. The Kicker subwoofers, for example, MAY fit if you take off the plastic trim ring around the outside. But not sure.

For reference, the factory enclosure sizes are as follows:
- Non-B&O : 170mm (6.69-inch)
- B&O : 200mm (7.87-inch)

For me personally, I was more willing to modify the housing than I was the subwoofer, as there is a good chance I may use that subwoofer in the future.
4) I have the rear cargo drawer installed. It looks like I will have to take that back out to remove the rear side panel, correct? I was hoping access to the sun would be easier but it looks like from @RagnarKon video, it’s not that simple.
You may be able to crack over the side panel just enough to install a subwoofer without removing the entire panel. But if you end up needing to remove the entire panel, yes, the cargo drawer will have to come out along with the load floor.