Sponsored

Sync 4 Navigation tied to Ford Pass App?

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m pissed! This is crazy that you they are forcing us to be data mined just to use something we paid for!

1. Is there any way to use navigation through sync 4 after we register with ford pass then delete the app?
2. If we use car play can we use the entire screen for navigation not just 60% because of the notification box on the right?

I ordered the big screen to use all of it not to use a tiny portion with boxes littering the rest. Thinking about ordering a Jeep……
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For your first question... the Navigation services is a subscription service, which is why they have you install the FordPass app. BUT, you can manage your subscription for navigation through your online Ford account if you wish (when it's working, that is... right now it's broken). Doesn't have to be the FordPass app. I actually think the FordPass app ultimately just redirects you to the online web portal anyway.

Your second questions I don't know the answer to. I assume you have 12" screen and I personally am only super familiar with the 8" screen. On the 8" screen you can make CarPlay or Android Auto full screen, so I would assume you could do the same on the 12" screen. BUT, could be wrong.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m pissed! This is crazy that you they are forcing us to be data mined just to use something we paid for!

1. Is there any way to use navigation through sync 4 after we register with ford pass then delete the app?
2. If we use car play can we use the entire screen for navigation not just 60% because of the notification box on the right?

I ordered the big screen to use all of it not to use a tiny portion with boxes littering the rest. Thinking about ordering a Jeep……
I have 12 inches (giggity) and use Apple CarPlay. It only takes up the left side and you still have the other notification type screen on the right. I’ve never really had an issue with that and it’s nice to have that additional screen off to the side in my opinion.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have 12 inches (giggity) and use Apple CarPlay. It only takes up the left side and you still have the other notification type screen on the right. I’ve never really had an issue with that and it’s nice to have that additional screen off to the side in my opinion.
Is it possible to use the full screen without the additional part to the side? I haven’t figured this out yet, but I haven’t really tried very hard in the short amount of time that I’ve had it. I also kind of like the additional screen, but it’s nice to have options.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it possible to use the full screen without the additional part to the side? I haven’t figured this out yet, but I haven’t really tried very hard in the short amount of time that I’ve had it. I also kind of like the additional screen, but it’s nice to have options.
I don't think so, but I also haven't tried. I noticed there's an arrow or something on the "divider" between the two screens, so maybe. I don't think I'd ever want a full 12" CarPlay screen and losing the side bar, so don't really care lol.

OP
OP
Richtor

Richtor

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Tremor 7.3, 21 Badlands Sasquatch Stick(order)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why have a large screen if they keep the map the same size and add extra stuff to fill in the screen?

I like the sync 4 full screen nav screen.

And yes once you download and add the Ford Pass app Ford is collecting and selling your driver information. Unfortunate.
Sponsored