Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Since my build is 9 days away I’m itching for a test drive, I have seen the Broncos in person, sat in them, poked around, but have not driven....since my build will be ready before dealer mannequins, is the ranger even close to feeling what the bronco will feel like To drive, is it worth it for me to go drive a 2.7 ranger to see how it feels, anybody have any comparisons maybe with a ranger vs a bronco at ride along bronco event?
Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
There is no 2.7 Ranger, only the 2.3. Also the Bronco is built off the T7 Ranger due next year, not the current ranger. So I doubt there is too much info you would gain from test driving a Ranger. But what the hell, what else do we have to do while we wait?

OP
OP
Jb7

Jb7

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is no 2.7 Ranger, only the 2.3. Also the Bronco is built off the T7 Ranger due next year, not the current ranger. So I doubt there is too much info you would gain from test driving a Ranger. But what the hell, what else do we have to do while we wait?
I was not aware the ranger didn’t have a 2.7, shows I haven’t followed the ranger much lol

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was not aware the ranger didn’t have a 2.7, shows I haven’t followed the ranger much lol
ranger has the 2.3. F150 has a 2.7 variant. Early on in the bronco release an insider said it is similar to a ranger in driving characteristics. However, if you went squatch with your build then you likely won’t get the best comparison

Reactions: Jb7

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Owning a '20 Ranger I don't think it will be close enough to the Bronco to give you the info you need about how the Bronco rides. But as stated, the drive of the Ranger will be really close to the Bronco I would guess. However, you can test drive the 2.3L engine. I think you be impressed with the "little engine that could". Plus you can test drive the F-150 with the 2.7L. That could help you decide which engine you want in your Bronco.
Sponsored

Reactions: Jb7