Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We started our vacation on Friday and I thought it would be nice to test drive the vehicle we had hoped to be traveling in. I made an appointment with my dealer and spent about an hour trying it out.

I ordered a 2 door BD SaS, V6 and this was a 4 door Badlands but I figured the front cabin and suspension were close enough to give me a feel for it.

I have to say I was impressed. It is a stocky vehicle that feels much larger space wise and size wise than the Jeeps that I have had or my current Tacoma. For the size of the vehicle it handles great. The 4 cylinder has plenty of power and the auto transmission feels good.

The electronics and features are overwhelming when trying to skim through them but they will be nice to have.

I have seen reviews with specific issues that people encountered and I honestly didn’t see those issues.

AC- absolutely cold and has lots of power. If you are worried about people or pets in the back; don’t be. My dealer showed me how to increase the air flow to the floor vents using the interface screen. My son said it was comfortable back there and he could feel airflow from the front and floor.

Breaking- I saw a post somewhere complaining about breaking. It is fine, just like any other truck that I have driven.

Road Noise- I did not notice anything that would be abnormal for this type of vehicle. No issues with conversation while driving.I did not notice any whistling from the vehicle.

Drifting- none at all. Several times I let the wheel go and she tracked perfectly. No steering correction like in the Jeep or some of the Dodge trucks that I have had. Very little extra road noise from the tires.

Interior quality- I liked it. I really did not feel that it is cheap or of a lesser quality than any similar vehicles on the market. The seats were defiantly better than my Tacoma!

My opinion after driving the Bronco. She handles and feels like a truck on the road. I ordered the V6 and I won’t change to the 4. The 4 is peppy but why not get dual turbos if I can. The sound system was the advanced so I can’t provide an opinion: I really didn’t listen to it. The large screen is incredible but overkill for me. After seeing the stance of the Badlands I am looking forward to my SaS. It is fun to drive and I am hoping that Ford can get their act together and get these into their clients hands. I almost settled and bought a Rubicon. As long as it isn’t past the 2 quarter next year I’ll wait for mine.

My son loves it and was disappointed that he couldn’t drive it.

Unfortunately I’m more excited about getting it than I was previously . Come on Ford: get your act together!

7CE75DE8-ACE8-4E78-8750-1C95BC20D521.jpeg
Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Nice write up, Hoffman Ford?

JohnWayne

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150, 2018 F350, 2015 Transit, 2015 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the write up. I think some people order a truck based SUV and think it's going to be a car.
Sponsored