First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Progress over the last month... In my last post I installed the Bestop Trek Top, Bestop Bikini Mesh top, and a Hidden GMRS radio. (Don't know if anyone even saw the post.) Anyway... over the last few days, I've gone further yet again. Installed DV8 lower A-arm skids, rear shock mount and control arm mount skids, and their rear Diff skid and pocket winch fairlead and hook combo as well. (Which looks great, and I don't have to dangle the hook anymore.) I also removed the rear sway bar, and installed a Fabtech 3" coil-over lift with Dirt Logic Remote reservoirs, Heim Joint tie-rods, and swapped out my 35" KM3's on Method 305 wheels for 37's on Method 312's. I added a second wiring harness to the roof top light bar, so I can operate amber and white lights separately on their own upfitter switches. Still more to come, but here's my last few pics from the recent stuff. Pics of the skids will be added later today... I LOVE the look on 37's and the added capability with the lift! (No rubbing... even when fully flexed!) Coming up... Some little known fender flares that IMO should be way more popular! Stay tuned!

Ford Bronco Time to build! F3A411C2-D1C4-4F93-82D8-9783102DCE6D

Ford Bronco Time to build! 851C4400-12B8-4238-9E35-71889480CCE8

Ford Bronco Time to build! 1C1A4630-176B-4A22-A8F8-1B5AE3402EC8

Ford Bronco Time to build! 64EDDEFE-1ED0-4693-A141-6E2CA236417D

Ford Bronco Time to build! BE162115-F6D7-489C-A3D3-5DAE0ACFFD06

Ford Bronco Time to build! B89E8BEB-AF34-4190-90D0-5B627916B404

Ford Bronco Time to build! thumbnail_IMG_0599
Sponsored

Last edited:

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome look. I’m thinking about moving over to the dirt logic coil overs with all of the weight you have in addition to it already being a badlands how much height do you think you gained over stock SAS? Right now I have the eibach pro springs and they are so soft, when I begin adding temporary weight like even just a full tank of fuel, I lose an inch of height I’m hoping with the dirt logic I can still stay around 3 inches higher over sas even with an extra 4 or 500 pounds. Also, you said no rubbing at full articulation. Amy modifications you needed to make? Does the suspension have a lot of brake dive or body roll?

OP
OP
SlowPoke

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome look. I’m thinking about moving over to the dirt logic coil overs with all of the weight you have in addition to it already being a badlands how much height do you think you gained over stock SAS? Right now I have the eibach pro springs and they are so soft, when I begin adding temporary weight like even just a full tank of fuel, I lose an inch of height I’m hoping with the dirt logic I can still stay around 3 inches higher over sas even with an extra 4 or 500 pounds. Also, you said no rubbing at full articulation. Amy modifications you needed to make? Does the suspension have a lot of brake dive or body roll?
I'm pretty sure the lift is a legit 3" over the Sasquatch. Unfortunately, I didn't measure, but It IS a big difference. Swapping the 35's out for 37's also added another inch. It definitely "feels" like a much bigger rig. Standing next to it, especially in front of it where its quite clearly more imposing. The only part I actually measured was the ground clearance at the forward end of the rear lower control arm mounts, which measures now at 14". I didn't do anything additional to have no tire rub, just added the lift, 37's, and kept the wheel offset at "0", the same as the Sas wheels. I haven't yet stomped on the brakes, so I can't give any feedback there, but I'm sure its a dream compared to my old JK Jeep, which would do anything to depart a strait line when under hard braking. I did notice when going over some speed bumps, it soaks them up like they're not even there. First time I did it I actually laughed out loud. It was like running over a pencil. As for the body roll, it feels the same to me. This is actually a shock considering I also removed my rear sway bar. Even after removing that it feels the same. It's not like I go bombing around corners anyway though. I've had enough big squish trucks over the years to know better.

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm pretty sure the lift is a legit 3" over the Sasquatch. Unfortunately, I didn't measure, but It IS a big difference. Swapping the 35's out for 37's also added another inch. It definitely "feels" like a much bigger rig. Standing next to it, especially in front of it where its quite clearly more imposing. The only part I actually measured was the ground clearance at the forward end of the rear lower control arm mounts, which measures now at 14". I didn't do anything additional to have no tire rub, just added the lift, 37's, and kept the wheel offset at "0", the same as the Sas wheels. I haven't yet stomped on the brakes, so I can't give any feedback there, but I'm sure its a dream compared to my old JK Jeep, which would do anything to depart a strait line when under hard braking. I did notice when going over some speed bumps, it soaks them up like they're not even there. First time I did it I actually laughed out loud. It was like running over a pencil. As for the body roll, it feels the same to me. This is actually a shock considering I also removed my rear sway bar. Even after removing that it feels the same. It's not like I go bombing around corners anyway though. I've had enough big squish trucks over the years to know better.
Do you have the preload set to give you the highest lift possible? Also can you measure from ground, through center of wheel hubs to the bottom of the plastic fender flare on the front and rear so I can get some comparison? Would be super helpful!

2CB7083E-5D5F-4C54-9C7D-FB0F3040FA09.jpeg

OP
OP
SlowPoke

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have the preload set to give you the highest lift possible? Also can you measure from ground, through center of wheel hubs to the bottom of the plastic fender flare on the front and rear so I can get some comparison? Would be super helpful!

Ford Bronco Time to build! 2CB7083E-5D5F-4C54-9C7D-FB0F3040FA09
I didn't touch the shock preload adjustment. They come properly set from the manufacturer, although, I may dial the front ones up a half inch to an inch to make up for the extra weight of the winch and 4WP Bumper. and the measurement you asked for was 42" at 36 PSI tire pressure.

Sponsored

KompressorV12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I didn't touch the shock preload adjustment. They come properly set from the manufacturer, although, I may dial the front ones up a half inch to an inch to make up for the extra weight of the winch and 4WP Bumper. and the measurement you asked for was 42" at 36 PSI tire pressure.
Awesome, thanks my man!

OP
OP
SlowPoke

SlowPoke

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What?
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Awesome, thanks my man!
Update. I did find some rubbing. but its minor and quite addressable. So I found a light rubbing on the front tire at the back crash bar mounting point. The crash bars are removed from the factory, but the mounting point still sticks out. The tire only rubs when the steering wheel is at absolute full lock. This is a very simple fix. Just make a small adjustment to the steering stops, and that should take care of it. It likely won't even make a noticeable difference to the turn radius.