First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Toyota 4runner Trail
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. Do you happen have any links to this other covers? My searching has come up short.
Sponsored

Jawbox

Big Bend
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 4 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Thanks. Do you happen have any links to this other covers? My searching has come up short.
There aren't many, that's why this work is so awesome. I ended up getting the Ford\Tuffy Cargo enclosure. In my case, with the lifting top. I think it's a decent compromise to keep the cargo in back covered in my 4 door.

For now I've left the front panel off so I can fold down the seats to put in larger items, I intend to do some drilling to add pins so I can make it easily removeable.

Adumb

Badlands
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Area 51 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have you seen the threads about a DIY shelf? I'm in the process of making one and it will serve as my tonneau cover as well. I really only want to keep stuff from blowing out of the car, and make the contents of the trunk less visible to passersby. I'm not concerned with it being a secure lockbox.

Get one of these: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Handpri...ft-Medium-Density-Fiberboard-225478/206120930

Wrap it in MGV or any other material. Or I'm going to spraypaint mine with black gorilla paint and tape the edges with gorilla tape to keep the edges from scratching the plastic interior of the truck.

It fits perfectly on the cutout ledge in a 4 door cargo area and will cost you about $50 and half an hour. Better than nothing while you wait for a more finished tonneau cover option, but this also serves as a shelf.

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think I know the answer, but will the tailgate open when the straps are attached? If not, how easy are they to unhook?
NO you can not open the gate without unhooking the straps....they really are not that difficult to do. Is it a flawed design...yes. But honestly you just pull down on the bottom part of the strap and they slip right off. Same to put back on, it really is not an issue at all. Looks good IMO and requires 30 secs of extra time.

davidbitton

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Is there anything to close up the space between the cover and the top; a rear "window" behind the 2nd row seats.

Sponsored

Lisi08

Big Bend
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Can only use with top off. I like the look but not the functionality.

2E2D1EAF-49F5-47D6-8164-1554A3658CCD.jpeg

55770533-7EF1-4667-BED2-A2DBED8FF0A7.jpeg
Was yours easy to fit? I secured the one side but then the other side was about 3 inches off from the screw holes. Does letting it sit in the sun work to stretch it out?

Alpha1_Silverback

Badlands
First Name
AARON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was yours easy to fit? I secured the one side but then the other side was about 3 inches off from the screw holes. Does letting it sit in the sun work to stretch it out?
it was an easy install. Attached one side and stretch to fit the other. I had no issues. But iTC was easier each additional time. It does require a bit of stretch.
Sponsored