First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Bronco Wildtrak, Maverick, Tesla M3
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have been searching but have yet to find a hard tonneau cover for the 4dr Bronco that just bolts to the cargo rails and does not require a cage enclosure. I have the soft vinyl cover from Ford on my Raptor now but absolutely hate the straps. I run top off for about 6 months out of the year. Has anyone seen a product that offers this?
Sponsored

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have been searching but have yet to find a hard tonneau cover for the 4dr Bronco that just bolts to the cargo rails and does not require a cage enclosure. I have the soft vinyl cover from Ford on my Raptor now but absolutely hate the straps. I run top off for about 6 months out of the year. Has anyone seen a product that offers this?
Someone on here posted a picture of his cover ad he had cut the straps off and attached suction cups...(brilliant)

OP
OP
derichio02

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Someone on here posted a picture of his cover ad he had cut the straps off and attached suction cups...(brilliant)
I saw that too. Im concerned with the cups not sticking to my paint since it's ceramic coated.

Greasyfingers429

Black Diamond
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Jetta TDI, Range Rover Sport Td6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I hate the straps too. I’ll be fiddling with my summer setup soon, and hoping to share the results.
My concerns are rain pooling in the sagging soft tonneau. And security.
The flexible option will be a mesh of cables under the Ford tonneau. This could be tensioned and provide a tighter seal at the gate, providing security from peeling the soft tonneau back.

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I got the idea from another member on here. The cups work great. I went with the threaded suction cups instead of the glue on that someone else mentioned. I think it turned out great. I removed the straps but haven't cut the buckles yet. No issue whatsoever with the cups sticking. Plus they're threaded and I bought a 10 pack so I can change them out if they start to not stick. I also bought a grommet tool with whole punch on Amazon for like $10. Came with Grommets. I bought some colored grommets but they weren't the right color so I went with silver.will probably change the cap nuts to black at some point.
Ford Bronco 4dr Hard Tonneau Cover 20230506_150329
Ford Bronco 4dr Hard Tonneau Cover 20230516_183011
Ford Bronco 4dr Hard Tonneau Cover 20230516_183019

Sponsored

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

What about having a magnetic strip or a pocket of magnets sewn in to the tonneau cover rear flap? I don't have mine yet (either Bronco or tonneau) so I can't try it yet.

Beach Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm really interested in others ideas & solutions... I'll be watching this thread. It would also be nice if someone made a nice solution for the bed rails (something like pickup truck's).

OP
OP
derichio02

derichio02

Raptor
First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I got the idea from another member on here. The cups work great. I went with the threaded suction cups instead of the glue on that someone else mentioned. I think it turned out great. I removed the straps but haven't cut the buckles yet. No issue whatsoever with the cups sticking. Plus they're threaded and I bought a 10 pack so I can change them out if they start to not stick. I also bought a grommet tool with whole punch on Amazon for like $10. Came with Grommets. I bought some colored grommets but they weren't the right color so I went with silver.will probably change the cap nuts to black at some point.
I may try this out. Do you still have links to the suction cups and grommets you used? I think a black washer and black nuts would make it perfect.

Bushwhacker

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra Z71
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I may try this out. Do you still have links to the suction cups and grommets you used? I think a black washer and black nuts would make it perfect.
Did you find a solution? I'm shocked in 2 years nobody has developed a flip or roll security cover like a truck bed uses. I have the full ford tuffy enclosure and I'm not a fan of a heavy metal enclosure that is bulky and hard to take the top on and off quickly for dogs and tall items. Nothing will totally keep thieves out but keep it out of sight and slow them down or have them move onto the next vehicle. Thank you!

Sponsored

MyDogGoldie

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2.7L BD 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's weird that there are 100 options for mesh bimini tops, but VERY little option for Tonneau Covers.

I could make my own, but I would rather spend $150 for an Amazon special.