Sponsored

Transferring an Order Already Scheduled for Production?

analog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a question regarding transferring an existing order.

I’ve got a Badlands scheduled for Production the week of 6/12. I haven’t been able to get a DORA or Window Sticker from the dealer or the online tracker. I do have an order number and a VIN assigned.

In the order summary in the online tracker, I noticed they are missing the additional hard top deadening and appear to have selected the wrong floor mats (with carpet instead of without for the washout interior).

I’ve called and emailed the dealer repeatedly, they’re just totally unresponsive and I can’t get the order corrected. On one hand it seems super trivial to transfer an order over these two items, but I’m dropping $60k on a car and I’d really like it exactly as spec’d. I think that’s a fair ask.

I’m curious to understand what my options are for transferring the order to a dealer who will respond to me and get the order updated. Is this even possible? If so, are there any downsides like losing my place in production/ line, does the dealer allocation transfer with the build, am I screwing over the original dealer, etc.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored

Bronco_Buckeroo

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Don’t have an answer, but Ford customer service may (or they may have no clue / feed you a line of made-up BS). But, recommend you give them a ring to see what they can do for you and the impact any actions may have on your order.

Sorry to hear your dealer has gone incommunicado on you and I hope it’s not indicative that they’re planning on trying to fleece you with surprise ADM, etc… Maybe see if you can get ahold of the GM at the dealership?

Hope you find the info you’re looking for.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The order belongs to the dealer. You can not transfer it. While frustrating that the sales rep has been non-responsive, you will have to be persistent and escalate your concerns to the sales manager and/or GM. Your production week is far enough out that you should be successful in making the changes.

Farmerjim47933

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a question regarding transferring an existing order.

I’ve got a Badlands scheduled for Production the week of 6/12. I haven’t been able to get a DORA or Window Sticker from the dealer or the online tracker. I do have an order number and a VIN assigned.

In the order summary in the online tracker, I noticed they are missing the additional hard top deadening and appear to have selected the wrong floor mats (with carpet instead of without for the washout interior).

I’ve called and emailed the dealer repeatedly, they’re just totally unresponsive and I can’t get the order corrected. On one hand it seems super trivial to transfer an order over these two items, but I’m dropping $60k on a car and I’d really like it exactly as spec’d. I think that’s a fair ask.

I’m curious to understand what my options are for transferring the order to a dealer who will respond to me and get the order updated. Is this even possible? If so, are there any downsides like losing my place in production/ line, does the dealer allocation transfer with the build, am I screwing over the original dealer, etc.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
I am trying to get Ford #(VM2DZ-58521A03-S) for my 2 door .Didn't like the factory glued in type .Offered for 4 door also , some inventory backlogs and high shipping from some places .Just a thought to help you.

Sponsored
OP
OP
analog

analog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seriously? Floor matts? If it's that important go to the dealer in person.
Floor Mats and Hardtop Sound Deadening.

Dealer is 5 hours away. Too much to ask for a return phone call or email?

Last edited:

BroncoBrian

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Maverick daily driver
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not possible to transfer the order. I wouldn't worry about the mats but they should be able to get the liner added to the order. Good luck I would call and ask for the Customer service manager, or the GSM

Dad life

Base
First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, Tundra, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I had a very helpful customer service agent call the dealer when I had an issue once while I stayed on the line. The dealer was MUCH more responsive when they saw Ford pop up on the caller ID than my name, to say the least. Not all the agents are as keen to help, but you might get lucky. Worth a shot.

OP
OP
analog

analog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Great suggestion, I’ll give this a try.