Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F-150, 67 Bronco, 94 Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a request to make a Kicker "47Key200.4" amp mount for a customer. Before finishing the design, the idea came up to integrate a GMRS mount for the Midland MXT275VP4 for those that may not want the Kicker amp or that have the upgraded factory stereo.

This is what we came up with. The mount hides under the dash very nicely and is angle so that the antenna connection doesn't interfere with the glove box opening/closing. No drilling required. Factory holes are used. Mount your device to the bracket, put it up throught he opening and line up the holes. Pretty straight forward and easy.

I am using the mic extension cable to mount to our Center Console MOLLE. The Mic can then be mounted to that or to our new "Squatch Basket" that will be released very soon. The Squatch Basket is the prototype we had on display at the Bronco Super Celebration EAST in April.

The Antenna Mount will work with/without our A-Pillar Light brackets. That is designed and working through paint.

Install video to follow.

https://mountains2metal.com/product/br6udm/

Dash mount back.jpg

Mount with radio.jpg

20220525_153906.jpg

20220525_154030.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Mountains2Metal

Mountains2Metal

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course you come out with this after I already put it in. Very nice engineering.
Haha...sorry about that. The engineering took some head scratching and a few tries but we are happy with the results! Thanks you!

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the idea came up to integrate a GMRS mount for the Midland MXT275VP4 for those that may not want the Kicker amp or that have the upgraded factory stereo.
Do you think the Midland MXT575 (physically larger model) will also fit in this location and with this mounting bracket? 🤔

OP
OP
Mountains2Metal

Mountains2Metal

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you think the Midland MXT575 (physically larger model) will also fit in this location and with this mounting bracket? 🤔
I can take some measurements and see. The long metal "rod" that sticks out of the antenna input may be the biggest hurdle. This may be able to bent slightly to clear the glove box.

Sponsored

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can take some measurements and see. The long metal "rod" that sticks out of the antenna input may be the biggest hurdle. This may be able to bent slightly to clear the glove box.
Thanks! I would greatly appreciate your feedback, since I am about to tackle my MXT575 installation, and your bracket may address my specific needs. 👍

OP
OP
Mountains2Metal

Mountains2Metal

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks! I would greatly appreciate your feedback, since I am about to tackle my MXT575 installation, and your bracket may address my specific needs. 👍
The 575 will fit up there. I do think that the glove box may scrub a hair when closing. If it does, the glovebox could be slightly modified to allow a bit more clearance. There are several mounting options given the amount of slots/holes so there may be another way to make this work.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 575 will fit up there. I do think that the glove box may scrub a hair when closing. If it does, the glovebox could be slightly modified to allow a bit more clearance. There are several mounting options given the amount of slots/holes so there may be another way to make this work.
That’s great. Will your bracket work as is, or will it have to be modified?

I am comfortable with most modifications (e.g., cutting, bending, drilling, grinding), but would prefer not to start from scratch, if possible.

OP
OP
Mountains2Metal

Mountains2Metal

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s great. Will your bracket work as is, or will it have to be modified?

I am comfortable with most modifications (e.g., cutting, bending, drilling, grinding), but would prefer not to start from scratch, if possible.
The bracket will work as is. You may have to play with the mounting location of the 575 on the bracket.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The bracket will work as is. You may have to play with the mounting location of the 575 on the bracket.
Thank you, sir. I appreciate your responsiveness. 😎

I just placed an order. 👍
Sponsored