First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ram2500
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes ,being frustated with the delay I answered an add at a dealer for a low mileage,18 mi.,
BRONCO at about $10 ,000 over Msrp.They got back with me ,This is a dealer demo ,not for sale ..... ,but wait you just listed it for sale a price ,options and mileage ,but they then said they could order me a new one ,ha ha as I am suposed to trust them
Sponsored

STRATUS

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, C8 Corvette Spyder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah...very frustrating! I think the car listing marketplaces should disalow and or they need to be marked with a banner or something that indicates clearly they are dealer mannequins and or NOT for sale.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah...very frustrating! I think the car listing marketplaces should disalow and or they need to be marked with a banner or something that indicates clearly they are dealer mannequins and or NOT for sale.
Can't stop the dealers from listing them as most often it is done automatically by the mother ship. The individual dealer can throw a price on it to discourage inquiries, but that goes against the purpose of the demo in attracting business.

What others can do as a consumer is learn to decipher the window sticker. Down at the bottom where the MSRP is listed there is a "type" box to the left. It will have a code such as "21-1220 O/T 2". The "T 2" indicates it is a dealer demo and part of the FCTP. The in-service requirement is supposed to be 6 months. So by reading the blend date and adding 6 months, it will give you a ballpark when the vehicle has satisfied the in-service requirement. Now, a dealer can choose to hold on to the vehicle longer or in some cases have the in-service requirement waived. There was a recent dealer demo that was stranded on dirt mountain and was recently delivered 2 weeks ago. They were given the waiver and were allowed to sell it after the required accessory package was upfitted on the Bronco. They had to wait on the Warn winch, but once it was installed they sold the demo in 2 days.
Sponsored