First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Rubicon: 1977 Camaro; 2018 F250
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My Wildtrack has been In Production since May 5. Originally reserved Dec 2020. Last reorder confirmed Oct 2022.
Any idea to why is been in production so long? Have you googled your vin number to see if it shows up on your dealerships webpage as in transit?
Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Your bronco is built and sitting somewhere in the predelivery area at MAP. Once it leaves the plant a scanner changes the status to “built”. Then when it’s scanned onto a rail car or truck the status goes to “shipped”. Once the UAW goes back to work at MAP your bronco will probably be shipped in a few days.

txlaube

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tahoe, 2021 BMW M340
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Your bronco is built and sitting somewhere in the predelivery area at MAP. Once it leaves the plant a scanner changes the status to “built”. Then when it’s scanned onto a rail car or truck the status goes to “shipped”. Once the UAW goes back to work at MAP your bronco will probably be shipped in a few days.
I know it is sitting at MAP…..I wish I shared your confidence though that it will magically ship when strike ends …..a buddy that works at Ford confirmed it came off line 1st week of May. Nothing til early July. Seat belt recall. Cleared a few days after it showed up on NHTSA site. Middle of August zone person told dealer it was shipping any day. Week before the strike dealer was still talking to zone person to find out what the issue was. I have running boards sitting in garage waiting so will keep waiting I guess.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did not see the seat belt issue on the original post. It’s been a while since I dealt with the “built” code but it used to mean the unit was ready to ship. If the belt is replaced and the hold is removed your at the mercy of the predelivery team to clear out hood to go broncos in the yard.

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This looks like a similar issue I dealt with for about two months. I was parked on a lot down the street for about 2 months after being "built". At that point if you did not get loaded on a train straight off the line you were relegated to a holding area that did not employ FIFO but rather a grab what you want type of inventory management.

Sponsored

Ron72

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I did not see the seat belt issue on the original post. It’s been a while since I dealt with the “built” code but it used to mean the unit was ready to ship. If the belt is replaced and the hold is removed your at the mercy of the predelivery team to clear out hood to go broncos in the yard.
Any idea to how these predelivery teams work?

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Predelivery manager monitors the aged units and allocates resources when available to get them shipped. The plant financial recovery happens when the unit ships. If the repair area is a disaster there are not many aged units being processed. If the repair area is running well usually a few guys are cleaning up the yard. Typically the easiest to clear aged units get out first. An IP change us going to take much longer than seat belt change (if parts are available).

Ron72

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Predelivery manager monitors the aged units and allocates resources when available to get them shipped. The plant financial recovery happens when the unit ships. If the repair area is a disaster there are not many aged units being processed. If the repair area is running well usually a few guys are cleaning up the yard. Typically the easiest to clear aged units get out first. An IP change us going to take much longer than seat belt change (if parts are available).
Sorry, what is an IP change?

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Instrument panel - entire dash.

Ron72

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Instrument panel - entire dash.
Was not tracking a problem with the IP, what does it entail and what trim levels are affected? Any specific build dates that got hammered by this?

Sponsored

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Was not tracking a problem with the IP, what does it entail and what trim levels are affected? Any specific build dates that got hammered by this?
The IP example was hypothetical.

Ron72

Wildtrak
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Dang, had me worried there for a minute. I was aware of the seat belt issue, but that was before my build/blend date. I figured I’m waiting on a chip of some sort
Sponsored