New Members Introduce Yourself!

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Hello Derek here, pulled the trigger last week got 2019 shadow black Xlt sport.
Live in socal, will be doing some mild mods, in the near future. I'm finding this forum already a great resource for information!! Thx !
Welcome!
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Just ordered my 2019 Supercrew XLT in Magnetic with FX4 package...the waiting begins... :like:

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase

AliB

First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hello! Picked up my Lightening Blue last Thursday. In Ohio, work at Ford, Apprentice Toolmaker. Love my truck!

buster

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Ed here from Charleston, SC. Got my Ranger Lariat back in mid January. My story isnt a good one, lots of problems with mine, not a happy customer. Still love the looks, and most about the truck, but...Hoping to get some answers here!

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Ed here from Charleston, SC. Got my Ranger Lariat back in mid January. My story isnt a good one, lots of problems with mine, not a happy customer. Still love the looks, and most about the truck, but...Hoping to get some answers here!
What sorts of problems are you having?

buster

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What sorts of problems are you having?
Brakes had BAD shimmy when applying when I test drove it. They at first told me it was because they are self adjusting lol..they finally trued the rotors, and 80% is gone, still some there when braking. At take off somewhere around 1600-1800 rpm there is a vibration. Seems to level out though, unless rpm dips back down in that window, then I can feel it. Bet the engine is jumpin around under the hood. It kinda reminds me of the way an old VW bug sounds. Something out of balance? Ignition off at that rpm? then there is the back seat backrest. They did "the fix" and removed a rubber bumper, but it still wont close. So, when you apply the brakes, or are taking off the backrest vibrates and makes an annoying sound. USB ports up front arent working, and my leather seats are wrinkly, ill fitting upholstery, drivers seat bottom bubbling up after 2000 miles. they look terrible.

sad thing about the vibration at 1600 rpm is that everybody that has ridden in it feels it, one said it sounded like a VW, but the service dept cant feel it, but they are sorry I feel like I have a problem lol.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Brakes had BAD shimmy when applying when I test drove it. They at first told me it was because they are self adjusting lol..they finally trued the rotors, and 80% is gone, still some there when braking. At take off somewhere around 1600-1800 rpm there is a vibration. Seems to level out though, unless rpm dips back down in that window, then I can feel it. Bet the engine is jumpin around under the hood. It kinda reminds me of the way an old VW bug sounds. Something out of balance? Ignition off at that rpm? then there is the back seat backrest. They did "the fix" and removed a rubber bumper, but it still wont close. So, when you apply the brakes, or are taking off the backrest vibrates and makes an annoying sound. USB ports up front arent working, and my leather seats are wrinkly, ill fitting upholstery, drivers seat bottom bubbling up after 2000 miles. they look terrible.

sad thing about the vibration at 1600 rpm is that everybody that has ridden in it feels it, one said it sounded like a VW, but the service dept cant feel it, but they are sorry I feel like I have a problem lol.
Sounds like two of your issues are known - not sure why the TSBs didn't fix them.

If you had fewer miles on it, I'd almost say that odd behavior at 1600-1800 could have been the transmission getting adjusted (doing its "learning"). But that should be complete by 2000 miles.

They should be able to fix the seats. That is unacceptable in a 40k truck!

Hopefully they can get to the bottom of the issues. Let us know how it goes.

buster

First Name
ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like two of your issues are known - not sure why the TSBs didn't fix them.

If you had fewer miles on it, I'd almost say that odd behavior at 1600-1800 could have been the transmission getting adjusted (doing its "learning"). But that should be complete by 2000 miles.

They should be able to fix the seats. That is unacceptable in a 40k truck!

Hopefully they can get to the bottom of the issues. Let us know how it goes.
i wish it was $40k! Lariat FX4 Chrome package. It has all of the bells and whistles. What makes the seats so bad is, I work at a plant that manufactures automotive seats. The seats in my new Lariat would not have made it out the door like these.

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
I just thought I'd introduce myself here. I have a '19 Ranger SuperCrew XLT 302A FX4 in Magnetic with a Medium Stone interior on order. It was actually a dealer stock order that they made some adjustments on for me. I had the tech package removed, changed interior from ebony to medium stone, added rubber floor liners and block heater. It also has a tow package. Anyhow it was built the very end of February and now shows "In transit" so hopefully by April 1st it'll make an appearance.

I currently lease a '16 F150 4x4 SuperCab and for where I live in a mountain town up in the Black Hills of South Dakota it's a TOTAL pain to park and navigate around the narrow streets. It's also not that great on the narrow fire trails and service roads up in the forest. I don't drive that many miles so leases work well for me. This is the first time I've ever had the chance to get an order adjusted to get just what I want within budget. My budget on the MSRP was $40k and my truck came in at $40,115. Of course I will use an X plan pin and I qualify for $500 rebate since I'm retired military. Anyhow I'm excited!

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Not a new guy to the waiting game. Just a new screen name, checking it out. My truck it supposed to be assembled tomorrow. :clap:

McRanger

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger XlT Fx4
Hi everyone,
Been lurking for a while on these forums, figured it was time to create a account. Picked up an xlt Fx4 early February and have been loving it ever since!
1E41231E-2AE4-46B1-952E-6390613AF030.jpeg
F8CB12A2-F6B3-4E5D-A0EF-569D8C1DE573.jpeg

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys,

UK Ranger owner here.
Before I got my Ranger I had no idea how many different styles there were... especially with the front end.
I guess mine is the EU version with the slightly different grille.

A727ADC0-3016-45A1-BFB2-8ADACCEF1FF7.jpeg

38AE670A-175E-4F31-93C6-BD77AB6F20D0.jpeg
Hi everyone,
Been lurking for a while on these forums, figured it was time to create a account. Picked up an xlt Fx4 early February and have been loving it ever since!
1E41231E-2AE4-46B1-952E-6390613AF030.jpeg
F8CB12A2-F6B3-4E5D-A0EF-569D8C1DE573.jpeg
Welcome!
Sponsored