Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BadSquatch; 13 Wrangler JK; 04 Lifted Mini
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I could not take it anymore and asked for a refund this morning. It has been more than painful for the past 25 months. I don't know which is worse; no top or the check is in the mail. We shall see when it gets here via USPS.
a few weeks ago I gave them my ACH/Acct number and money was in my account next day
Sponsored

SevenT

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 U15 Sport Edition; 2021 AMB 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

a few weeks ago I gave them my ACH/Acct number and money was in my account next day
After 25 months of bait and switch, I did not trust them with my banking information. One ounce of caution is worth a pound of cure.

Cased

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dune buggy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Called TOR the other day , guy on the phone said new orders would be scheduled for Oct.

Also said new molds are being built to increase production, which if completed soon could bump a ship date into June/July.

A random 5 minute call and I have more faith in TOR than adv and with summer around the corner the soft top can stay on.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
your posts helped convince me to bail a month or so ago and order Anderson. at that point, the self install of every handle, bolt, guide, etc pushed me over the edge. Now they want you to install the wiper yourself? the headliner yourself? what are people actually paying for? So glad I bailed on this!
If i remember, when the original stated problem was that they were held up because they changed the rubber molding to a heavier duty one. When it finally showed up a year later after many delays, the intent was all hands on deck to get the molding installed (final assembly), however something went amuck and other reasons were given for the delays.

to me it looks like the original "final assembly" was for them to
1, install all the molding
2,install the hardware
3, install the soundproofing headliner
4,install the windshield wiper.

However something changed and there is now no final assembly except for the customer.

I'm actually OK with that but something is amiss with the fricken delays.

Next Friday is another video day and I would hope batch 1 has moved out of production.

I AM NOT OPTOMISTIC.

if TOR is bringing another mold on line then that means that ADV s deadline is probably moving up. too bad, because I really wanted the 1 piece ADV top.

Now hopefully they will spring some welcome news

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm just gonna say it but anybody who's still holding out at this point has super human faith or they're just plain stupid. Best to just take your refund now while there are enough uninformed people still making deposits to cover refunds. There is plenty of reason for the Ca. AG or even the FTC to be looking into this. The fact that there maybe fraud across state lines here could warrant Federal authorities involvement.

Sponsored

PhilCharnas

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If i remember, when the original stated problem was that they were held up because they changed the rubber molding to a heavier duty one. When it finally showed up a year later after many delays, the intent was all hands on deck to get the molding installed (final assembly), however something went amuck and other reasons were given for the delays.

to me it looks like the original "final assembly" was for them to
1, install all the molding
2,install the hardware
3, install the soundproofing headliner
4,install the windshield wiper.

However something changed and there is now no final assembly except for the customer.

I'm actually OK with that but something is amiss with the fricken delays.

Next Friday is another video day and I would hope batch 1 has moved out of production.

I AM NOT OPTOMISTIC.

if TOR is bringing another mold on line then that means that ADV s deadline is probably moving up. too bad, because I really wanted the 1 piece ADV top.

Now hopefully they will spring some welcome news
you are correct in pointing out that their previous story around production and assembly does not add up given that full assembly responsibilities have now been passed on to the customer. I believe there has been a lot of obvious misdirection and outright deceit in what little communication they have offered over the years.

You seem like a good guy, CT and I really hope you let go of this and get your money back before they pull another Houdini, go out of business as ADV, and reappear under a different legal name and entity.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm just gonna say it but anybody who's still holding out at this point has super human faith or they're just plain stupid. Best to just take your refund now while there are enough uninformed people still making deposits to cover refunds. There is plenty of reason for the Ca. AG or even the FTC to be looking into this. The fact that there maybe fraud across state lines here could warrant Federal authorities involvement.
well, I'm not of superhuman faith so ----- lol. You sound like my wife. she doesn't want to hear about it anymore.

adcam

Badlands
First Name
Mando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4DR 2.3L
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would recommend you get your refund now and order a top from TOR or AC. If ADV ever produces the top, they will likely have your 1 piece available with all the cancellations.

CTwaterfowler

Outer Banks
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would recommend you get your refund now and order a top from TOR or AC. If ADV ever produces the top, they will likely have your 1 piece available with all the cancellations.
at the rate they are going, i will probably have an EV bronco by then.
Im on the tor list with a definite shipping date already.

Im listening to you guys, just firming up my updated drop dead date.

Hopefully Turner Todd will give a favorable response to the questions I emailed him.

Until then I wait, I wait, I wait but not till hell freezes over.

PhilCharnas

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am 1 of 10 beta testers of the Advanced Fraud Concepts top. You guys should all be ashamed of the way youā€™re picking on them. My top is wonderful and is far superior to the OEM and trashy aftermarket tops out there. Look how good it looks on my area 51 Bronco! Remember, patience is a virtue.

Ford Bronco ADV Production Modular Hardtop! IMG_1290

Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am 1 of 10 beta testers of the Advanced Fraud Concepts top. You guys should all be ashamed of the way youā€™re picking on them. My top is wonderful and is far superior to the OEM and trashy aftermarket tops out there. Look how good it looks on my area 51 Bronco! Remember, patience is a virtue.

IMG_1290.jpeg
Nice Bronco.... and rv pad area.... looks oddly familar:rolleyes:

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ford Bronco ADV Production Modular Hardtop! IMG_1290
WOW! Now you know your wrong for this one.....

:ROFLMAO:

PhilCharnas

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice Bronco.... and rv pad area.... looks oddly familar:rolleyes:
lol, I canā€™t believe thatā€™s yourā€™s! I googled ā€œtopless Area 51ā€ and it was one of the first images shown. Didnā€™t bother to see if it was a user on this forum, never mind someone who posts on this very thread šŸ˜‚ Anyway, itā€™s a good looking truck

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

lol, I canā€™t believe thatā€™s yourā€™s! I googled ā€œtopless Area 51ā€ and it was one of the first images shown. Didnā€™t bother to see if it was a user on this forum, never mind someone who posts on this very thread šŸ˜‚ Anyway, itā€™s a good looking truck
*Googles "topless Area 51"*

:oops: