First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So, I finally got around to installing my perch collar lift on my '22 Badsquatch. I couldn't get an appointment to get an alignment for about a week after installation. When I could finally get in at the alignment shop, they called me 3 hours after I dropped it off to let me know I could come get it. When I got there, they had removed the Sasquatch wheel trim rings on all my wheels to get the sensors on. I saw this and had immediate mixed feelings. On one hand, they did what they had to do to get them on, on the other, they dismantled a sensitive area of my wheel. How many people have stripped the holes or broken trim ring bolts getting those off? I have read a lot of threads with owners pissed that they break so easily. In the end, all the bolts went back in and there were no issues, but, the potential for catastrophe was there. On the other hand, I know my bolts will come out easily when I install my beadlock rings. So, if you go get your vehicle aligned, beware! They may remove your trim rings. If they are idiots, they may remove your beadlock rings and get a flat on the alignment rack!
they screwed up period i am a bronco owner and i work at a dealership and that doesnt even make sense

IMG_2685.jpg
Sponsored

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Depending on the alignment machine heads that they have/use, it’s completely possible they wouldn’t fit without removing them.
Some need to mount or clamp directly onto the wheel. I would probably be glad they removed the rings instead of trying to mount the heads on them causing damage.
Only really old alignment equipment clamps on the rim. Any machine built in the last 20 years or so are clamped on with hooks that engage the tire tread.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Only really old alignment equipment clamps on the rim. Any machine built in the last 20 years or so are clamped on with hooks that engage the tire tread.
Okay, and there’s still plenty of old machines out there I’m sure. Really no other logical reason to remove the rings.
Sponsored