First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco Wildtrak 4 door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey All, I’m swapping my wildtrak from a capable to a Raptor front bumper and I’m having issues with the parking sensors on the outsides. I have ordered the correct sensor housings from Tasca Ford but when I go to put the brackets back on it’s pushing my sensor housings out of the bumper. I read several write ups and don’t see anyone having this issue.. am I doing something wrong?

image.jpg

IMG_4983.jpeg
Sponsored

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey All, I’m swapping my wildtrak from a capable to a Raptor front bumper and I’m having issues with the parking sensors on the outsides. I have ordered the correct sensor housings from Tasca Ford but when I go to put the brackets back on it’s pushing my sensor housings out of the bumper. I read several write ups and don’t see anyone having this issue.. am I doing something wrong?

Ford Bronco Capable to Modular bumper IMG_4983

Ford Bronco Capable to Modular bumper IMG_4983
The driver and passenger outter sensor from the capable bumper wont work bc the connector on sensor will interfer with the bracket behind the bumper which is the reason its pushing out the sensor retainer. Part # LU5Z-15K859-AAPTM for those outter sensors.

OP
OP

Repryan

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The driver and passenger outter sensor from the capable bumper wont work bc the connector on sensor will interfer with the bracket behind the bumper which is the reason its pushing out the sensor retainer. Part # LU5Z-15K859-AAPTM for those outter sensors.
Thank you!! Looks like I’ll just be drilling to clear some space lol

Eroc88

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank you!! Looks like I’ll just be drilling to clear some space lol
I dont blame you. I ran into the exact same issue when swapping out my capable to the mod bumper. Those sensors aren't cheap and I had to paint the sensors to match the others since they don't come in black.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

Sponsored
OP
OP

Repryan

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks all, went to harbor freight bought a step up bit for $10, drilled and painted!

image.jpg

vgodley1

Badlands
First Name
Vee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Did your bronco recognize the mod bumper sensors? Mine was upgraded with the new sensors and it throws an error code.

OP
OP

Repryan

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Did your bronco recognize the mod bumper sensors? Mine was upgraded with the new sensors and it throws an error code.
I went from a capable bumper to a modular/raptor bumper, so I kept my original capable bumper wiring harness and original sensors so I had no issues with Bronco recognizing them. My only issue was fitment so I drilled 2 holes and solved the problem.

IMG_5197.jpeg

Mujenpwr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could you clarify? You drilled behind the bumper into the support so the plugs would not interfere and get pushed out the front?

Thanks

Thanks all, went to harbor freight bought a step up bit for $10, drilled and painted!

OP
OP

Repryan

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Could you clarify? You drilled behind the bumper into the support so the plugs would not interfere and get pushed out the front?

Thanks
Correct I took the support brace off the bumper, marked a spot where it was rubbing on the sensor plug, then took a step up bit to the brace. I drilled down to about 1” to 1 1/8” and then the sensor was no longer getting pushed out.
Pic attached

IMG_5227.jpeg

Sponsored

Mujenpwr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice job! thank you for sharing that and the picture.

Mujenpwr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
RepRyan I just started my wild track conversion. When you moved your sensors from the capable to the modular did the sensors have to be rotated 180 degree from the way they were in the modular? See my pic below.

Ford Bronco Capable to Modular bumper IMG_5132

Correct I took the support brace off the bumper, marked a spot where it was rubbing on the sensor plug, then took a step up bit to the brace. I drilled down to about 1” to 1 1/8” and then the sensor was no longer getting pushed out.
Pic attached

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

RepRyan I just started my wild track conversion. When you moved your sensors from the capable to the modular did the sensors have to be rotated 180 degree from the way they were in the modular? See my pic below.

Ford Bronco Capable to Modular bumper IMG_5132

I'm in the process of doing this now. Yes the sensors will rotate.

NOTE: Once you screw in the back piece you will push out the outer sensors. You can either buy the ones specific to the modular bumper or cut a hole. I opted to cut a hole.

Mujenpwr

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thank you for the response!!!! I am planning to make a clearance hole for the outer sensors. Phew was worried I put the new sensor holders in wrong locations.
I Looked at the diagrams multiple times LOL

(M2DZ-15A862-MA)Left Outside
(M2DZ-15A862-MAB) Left Inside
(M2DZ-15A862-MAC) Right Inside
(M2DZ-15A862-MAD) Right Outside

Now to figure out how to layout the Modular bumper wiring harness in the modular bumper……

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Thank you for the response!!!! I am planning to make a clearance hole for the outer sensors. Phew was worried I put the new sensor holders in wrong locations.
I Looked at the diagrams multiple times LOL

(M2DZ-15A862-MA)Left Outside
(M2DZ-15A862-MAB) Left Inside
(M2DZ-15A862-MAC) Right Inside
(M2DZ-15A862-MAD) Right Outside

Now to figure out how to layout the Modular bumper wiring harness in the modular bumper……

Cutting holes will give you more slack. I cut my holes then laid out my wiring favoring the driving side heaven almost got it to the connect in the fender connection without disconnecting it from its tab. I was off by less than an inch.
Sponsored