Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hope that I am misunderstanding your intention.

Speed bumps usually reside in residential areas - areas with low speed limits because pedestrians are around.

If you are doing 100km/h in such an environment that qualifies you for some sort of douche-bag award.
What, no freakout over the user of kilometers?? Did we NOT win the war for American independence?!? Bah! lol
Sponsored

Mdozier

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 F250, 24 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well since you asked...

I can't remember what each GOAT mode does and find it far easier just to change it manually.

---

Anyway, to answer @UniBroncorn's question, yes the drive modes change the parameters on the suspension algorithm. But it isn't like "Baja mode is cushy jump mode" or "Normal is stiff mode". The overall goal is to give the driver the most control of the vehicle. So it's more like "In normal mode dampening assistance is largely disabled to give a better ride" and "In Baja mode live assistance inputs are more sensitive to give more control around corners".
So the reference to just change it all manually seems to imply the driver can adjust the steering response, throttle response and breaking response. If that’s the case I haven’t found how.
Admittedly, I haven’t had mine very long so forgive me if this is inaccurate.

OP
OP
UniBroncorn

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Well since you asked...

I can't remember what each GOAT mode does and find it far easier just to change it manually.

---

Anyway, to answer @UniBroncorn's question, yes the drive modes change the parameters on the suspension algorithm. But it isn't like "Baja mode is cushy jump mode" or "Normal is stiff mode". The overall goal is to give the driver the most control of the vehicle. So it's more like "In normal mode dampening assistance is largely disabled to give a better ride" and "In Baja mode live assistance inputs are more sensitive to give more control around corners".
So if in normal mode and hit a big jump will this cause possible damage to suspension vs in Baja mode.

I'm saying all things being equal. Like of course if you drop off a height of 100 meters (clif lol) the GOAT won't matter and more than the suspension will be destroyed.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don’t recall where I picked this up but it’s from “back in the day” (and pre-Raptor)

This provides an overview of the GOAT modes & their changes to vehicle settings.

IMG_6366.jpeg
this chart dates to way, way before any actual broncos were available and was pure speculation based on F-150 Raptor modes

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If you go off-roading and attempting to catch air at 60mph+, 1. wear your seat belt, and 2. be sure to have someone video the resulting carnage.
IMG_4670.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
UniBroncorn

UniBroncorn

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I hope that I am misunderstanding your intention.

Speed bumps usually reside in residential areas - areas with low speed limits because pedestrians are around.

If you are doing 100km/h in such an environment that qualifies you for some sort of douche-bag award.
Yes that would be an award unless residential area is under development and no one actually lives there yet.

WarthogJr

Black Diamond
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The requirement in the manual clearly states that for all jumps, the vehicle must begin in Sport mode. Once airborne, you must shift to Rock Crawl mode (if less than 5 feet high) or Baja mode (for more than 5 feet). Of course you’ll need to be in neutral for the 4L shift to Rock Crawl. Happy jumping!

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all, maybe a n00b question but how much does the goat mode suspension setting one is in matter as to the durability of the vehicle.

Example: if I go over a speed bump at 100km/h in Sport mode, catch some air and land vs same scenario above in Baja mode.

Will the scenario above be better for the vehicle durability (no breaking stuff etc) in Baja mode since Baja mode is supposed to soften suspension to take larger hits/bumps?

Ps. Most promotional videos show Bronco catching air on dirt/sand, is doing the same on rock/asphalt worse/problematic since these are hard surfaces with no give as opposed to dirt/sand.

Thanks!
If you’re catching air in your bronco, no goat mode will save you. Eventually, there will be damage and lots of it if you do that too often.

Sparkherd

Badlands
First Name
Sparky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sparkherd.com
Vehicle(s)
Lifelong Ford guy.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi all, maybe a n00b question but how much does the goat mode suspension setting one is in matter as to the durability of the vehicle.

Example: if I go over a speed bump at 100km/h in Sport mode, catch some air and land vs same scenario above in Baja mode.

Will the scenario above be better for the vehicle durability (no breaking stuff etc) in Baja mode since Baja mode is supposed to soften suspension to take larger hits/bumps?

Ps. Most promotional videos show Bronco catching air on dirt/sand, is doing the same on rock/asphalt worse/problematic since these are hard surfaces with no give as opposed to dirt/sand.

Thanks!
Catching air in ANY veehickle wears it out.
Including aircraft.

Brian_B

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BB 4dr 7MT, '22 BSport OBX, '87 B-II XL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So if in normal mode and hit a big jump will this cause possible damage to suspension vs in Baja mode.
So Live Valve can adjust the stiffness (and saying just that is a gross simplification) of the suspension. But I don't think that adjustment will make or break if you on a jump. A softer suspension will be easier to bottom out than a stiffer one, but a stiffer one is just as likely to bounce you off and make it easier to lose control of the vehicle. You still have to drive the Bronco, not the other way around. And with most things in high performance vehicles, there are tradeoffs no matter which way you go with it. It's on you to understand those tradeoffs and drive accordingly.

GOAT modes can make an adjustment, but they still require you to drive within ~your~ capabilities and comfort level. If you break something, 99% sure it isn't going to be because you were in the wrong GOAT mode. GOAT modes can help, but they won't drive for you.

Not trying to lecture here, just trying to impart how important it is to not rely on GOAT modes to do anything for you - they are neat technical assistance, but not an insurance policy or something that allows you to drive outside of your experience level.

More to your original point = Here's a bit more about it, and it includes towards the bottom what GOAT modes do to the Live Valve suspension. Looks like it really only does anything in "Off Road" mode, which none of the other Broncos have. I wouldn't expect it to work miracles - most things that GOAT does, you could either do yourself without GOAT, or the effect is fairly mild - but I can't speak for this as I've never driven a Braptor.

https://stories.ridefox.com/2022/01...r-relies-on-fox-live-valve-for-bigger-faster/

FWIW - I heard a rumor that the '25 Badlands may also get Live Valve
Sponsored