First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any more updates? Its starting to get nice in new england so I would like to get my intake on but not if I am going to have to change parts out after. My messages to Injen have gone unanswered.
Haven't heard anything. Starting to get old. They were supposed to have an answer and testing done and all that quite some time ago. Every time I call I get the same story. I would not install it. Not unless you want to run around with your engine light on staring you in the face every time you drive.
Sponsored

EBorgie

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BaseSquatch 2016 Dodge Charger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Base
Haven't heard anything. Starting to get old. They were supposed to have an answer and testing done and all that quite some time ago. Every time I call I get the same story. I would not install it. Not unless you want to run around with your engine light on staring you in the face every time you drive.
It is sitting in my garage but the itch is growing.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is sitting in my garage but the itch is growing.
If you have a model year 23 or 24 with the 2.7 L, I would quell that itch with something other than putting this thing on. I'm tired of calling out there to California, but if I was you I would give them a call. Seems I've talked to someone named Jay several times. He's very nice, but I pretty much get the same song and dance. Check with them directly, see if there's any updates different than what they've been feeding us for the last 6 months.

EBorgie

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just spoke with @Injen Technology and they said it will be about 2 months as they want the tester to drive 2500 miles to ensure the code doesn't appear

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just spoke with @Injen Technology and they said it will be about 2 months as they want the tester to drive 2500 miles to ensure the code doesn't appear
They told me the same thing at least two months ago. Don't hold your breath. They better get it figured out before I have to do an emissions on the vehicle because I won't pass with my engine light on. 🤬

Sponsored

EBorgie

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Any updates on this?
Emailed earlier this week and got this response.

We did get an update from the owner with the test vehicle. As of right now he mentioned that he has driven about 1000 miles with the intake, and he has not gotten a check engine light. We just need him to complete the 2500 miles to officially confirm the fix. Hopefully before or by the end of this month he will complete the test without getting the check engine light. As mentioned before this isn't his daily driver so it is taking a bit longer than usual, but unfortunately it was the only local Bronco available for testing. As of right now so far so good, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns !

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Emailed earlier this week and got this response.

We did get an update from the owner with the test vehicle. As of right now he mentioned that he has driven about 1000 miles with the intake, and he has not gotten a check engine light. We just need him to complete the 2500 miles to officially confirm the fix. Hopefully before or by the end of this month he will complete the test without getting the check engine light. As mentioned before this isn't his daily driver so it is taking a bit longer than usual, but unfortunately it was the only local Bronco available for testing. As of right now so far so good, let me know if you have any other questions or concerns !
I call BS. Why didn't they put it on a test vehicle that the guy was going to drive the damn thing? He's had a thousand miles on that vehicle for 2 months now. They're not going to have another 1,500 mi on there by the end of this month, that's BS. These guys are blowing smoke up everybody's ass and it's getting old!

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah think I’m done waiting on injen, maybe I’ll go with an AFE momentum gt

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can't believe they're telling the same freaking story for 6 months now. It's getting freaking ridiculous. When I have to go for an emissions and I have an engine light on I'm not going to pass. 🤬

Sponsored

hemiblas

Base
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 base SAS Bronco, 2018 Rubi JL and JLU
Your Bronco Model
Base
If they think they have a fix they need to let you guys know asap.

vicorjh

Wildtrak
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrack
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

... it's getting old!
Same problem, can't install because it will fail emissions here. Thanks to those making this issue known.

We'll keep everyone updated as soon as we start the testing process on the 2023.
This appears to be their last post circa July '23 from their account.

Folk needing to chase them on status at nearly 12 months in, not feeling very updated 😄

Gluestick

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5, Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Has anyone looked at retrofitting any parts from 22 to the 23 to resolve it?

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Has anyone looked at retrofitting any parts from 22 to the 23 to resolve it?
That is supposedly what Injen has done. They modified some little part of their system to change the air pressure. Ford has already changed out my pressure sensor and that did not do the trick. Injen to me, is not reputable and I will never buy another one of their products after this! Why we have to constantly call them every month to see if there's any change or update is beyond my brain. They know that we are on this forum and they do not update it at all. It's total BS and we might end up having to collectively make a lawsuit against them. They originally advertised 23 model year, that's why I bought it. They need to get with it and quickly. This is getting old, like I said before. 🤬

EBorgie

Base
First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
It is very aggravating to look at the big red box sitting in the corner of my garage knowing I can’t install because I will fail our state inspection. I was going to go with their charge pipes and intercooler too but I am looking elsewhere based off this situation. Injen should look for another Bronco as their tester rarely drives or so it seems.
Sponsored