Sponsored

Injen Air Intake 2.7 ***2023 Models*** -- any errors / CEL ?

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It makes me wonder if the sensor is reading out of range, there is either too much air being pulled through the ccv sensor or too little air (or does the sensor measure air pressure though the line). If it's too much (which would make sense with the bigger air tube going to the turbo) then some sort of restrictor could be the solution. If it's too little an amount of air pulling through, that would be a tougher scenario.
I would think it's too much because that's what we were going for is to create better airflow. The issue is only with model year 23 and 2.7 engine. My dealership replaced my pressure sensor which was part of the protocol to fix the issue but obviously they replaced it with one that didn't do the trick. Ford needs to come up with another solution, like getting rid of the damn thing or going to the sensor if there was one in the 22 and 21 model year. If not, and Injen can't figure out a solution and I think K&N also having the same issue, people like us are screwed or have to go through the process of uninstalling the whole freaking thing and going back to stock. 🤯
Sponsored