William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bmw m440i gc,2022 BD 2dr, 1966 mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I didn't even know it shipped. I was checking to see if my BMW exhaust tips delivered and saw it. Unfortunately wife is travelling tomorrow but I may try to start it saturday night since I am anticipating a nightmare and I am travelling Mon so I can't leave her down. If it looks mega stupid hard I'll probably just wait. I'll post pics when I get home.
Sponsored

DesertMike680

Big Bend
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sweet! I ordered it the day after Christmas, but due to delays I cancelled it in April. But I might decide to re order in the future.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Injen intake for 2.7 installed 1686951310945

Hey! One of those arrived today for me as well! It will indeed be a fun weekend :)

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking forward to a review, been on the fence about getting one, wasn’t sure they were shipping yet.

Sponsored

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looking forward to a review, been on the fence about getting one, wasn’t sure they were shipping yet.
in the pictures I saw it looked like it wasn’t a fully closed system and would pull in hot air from the engine bay but maybe I’m looking at it wrong. I’m leaning toward CORSA exhaust and intake for this reason.

IMG_8002.jpeg

rpeary

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Badlands SAS, 2017 Lexus RX350 F-Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Been looking at the K&N myself. Just curious, was there anything specific about the Injen that made you choose it over others? Just brand loyalty over the years? Or is it due to their claims of a 26Hp gain vs. 14.35HP gain from K&N? I haven't really compared other brands yet. Maybe it is the sound one makes over the other? I kinda like the blowoff sound the K&N adds but maybe they all do that?

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Been looking at the K&N myself. Just curious, was there anything specific about the Injen that made you choose it over others? Just brand loyalty over the years? Or is it due to their claims of a 26Hp gain vs. 14.35HP gain from K&N? I haven't really compared other brands yet. Maybe it is the sound one makes over the other? I kinda like the blowoff sound the K&N adds but maybe they all do that?
CORSA videos showed the same turbo hiss but the injen doesn’t look like a closed system it shows opening to the left of the airbox.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
in the pictures I saw it looked like it wasn’t a fully closed system and would pull in hot air from the engine bay but maybe I’m looking at it wrong. I’m leaning toward CORSA exhaust and intake for this reason.

Ford Bronco Injen intake for 2.7 installed IMG_8002
The Injen is a completely closed system. The piece you see on the right side at the top is for a future snorkel attachment. That piece is closed off.

The K&N is not closed. The top of the lid is open and uses a thin foam piece to cover it. You can leave it off and you can touch and see the filter.

Also the Injen replaces the charge pipes and takes the bends out of the stock system. That is the reason I purchased this one. Close box has an attachment for a snorkel coming and proven to work.

InjenJay

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 Diesel, 2021 Bronco, 1977 Porsche Targa
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
CORSA videos showed the same turbo hiss but the injen doesn’t look like a closed system it shows opening to the left of the airbox.
The difference between the Corsa unit and the Injen unit is massive actually. The Corsa unit is basically just a box (with a smaller inlet actually) and a simple "Y" section to attached the restrictive factory intake tubes. It's basically just a replacement filter inside a box and not a true intake system.

The Injen unit not only uses a much larger filter/box, but it also has an attachment point for our snorkel that is currently in development. On top of that, Injen is the only manufacturer that designed their intake tubes that go all the way to the turbos. Our competition did not go all the way to the turbos because they couldn't figure out the vacuum port for the crank case pressure sensor which caused their kits to throw check engine lights. This is the main reason why our competition stops before the turbos and thus leaving that restriction point at the turbo and hurting power output.

Our engineering team designed our own version of the OE vacuum port to match our improved airflow and had it injected molded for a precision fit on our intake tubes. This allowed us to remove that major choking point right at the turbos and provided us with the additional power on the 2.7L that our competition just can't match (until they copy us that is).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Billnchristy

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I chose the Injen over the k&n for the turbo inlet piping. I felt the Injen was a cleaner design.

Dayton1984

Wildtrak
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Acura RDX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The difference between the Corsa unit and the Injen unit is massive actually. The Corsa unit is basically just a box (with a smaller inlet actually) and a simple "Y" section to attached the restrictive factory intake tubes. It's basically just a replacement filter inside a box and not a true intake system.

The Injen unit not only uses a much larger filter/box, but it also has an attachment point for our snorkel that is currently in development. On top of that, Injen is the only manufacturer that designed their intake tubes that go all the way to the turbos. Our competition did not go all the way to the turbos because they couldn't figure out the vacuum port for the crank case pressure sensor which caused their kits to throw check engine lights. This is the main reason why our competition stops before the turbos and thus leaving that restriction point at the turbo and hurting power output.

Our engineering team designed our own version of the OE vacuum port to match our improved airflow and had it injected molded for a precision fit on our intake tubes. This allowed us to remove that major choking point right at the turbos and provided us with the additional power on the 2.7L that our competition just can't match (until they copy us that is).
thanks for explaining this. So if we don’t have a snorkel is that part still open or is it closed off unless you have a snorkel?

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
GAHHH! This install is a B@**&T^^@@@CH!!!! Oh they make it sound soooo easy lol. Well, its not. especially if these parts have never been apart before. Don't even get me started on the Ford clips......between that and the pop-up T-Storms today......I'm hoping I can get it done!

That said, its a nice piece, the box is bigger, also where there is the open side, that goes up against the side fender, so it will seal. (That is the snorkel assembly inlet btw) I wanted to do a how-to for youtube, but HA! Comcast had a cyber attack and went down. Hard. So yeah, it's not been a good day to do this, but it's going to get done.

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Will you be releasing a install video for the 2.7l?

OP
OP
Billnchristy

Billnchristy

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model