First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ugh - this may have caused the issue with whatever sensor is now angry at me :/ I’ll find out in a couple of days and will update…apparently I was due for a maintenance check in anyway
Always a good idea to do that but that's not the issue with the 23 model year. I've had mine into the dealership and they've reset mine twice put in a new pressure sensor and flashed the ECU. The fix has to come from Injen themselves. Although the code that you have is something different, so not sure like I said previously what the hell is going on with yours.
Sponsored

orekid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As it turns out, I simply bumped a sensor during the install and that sensor needed to be rejiggered (thanks for the tip @Ninjak). Took the dealer all of 20 minutes to identify and solve the issue, and apparently no other codes have flashed. Picking it up in a bit so we’ll see after a few days of driving.

It MIGHT be worth your time to go unplug the battery let your whole system reset then hook it back up.
Not saying it will work.
And I know it's a pain to go through and rework your settings. But it might help.
[/QUOTE
Always a good idea to do that but that's not the issue with the 23 model year. I've had mine into the dealership and they've reset mine twice put in a new pressure sensor and flashed the ECU. The fix has to come from Injen themselves. Although the code that you have is something different, so not sure like I said previously what the hell is going on with yours.

Last edited:

JL8jeff

Base
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2door base Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Base
As it turns out, I simply bumped a sensor during the install and that sensor needed to be rejiggered (thanks for the tip @Ninjak). Took the dealer all of 20 minutes to identify and solve the issue, and apparently no other codes have flashed. Picking it up in a bit so we’ll see after a few days of driving.
That's good to hear, I was thinking you might have bumped something. But since you have a 23, don't be surprised if you get the P04DB popping up in the near future. That's the code they are working on the fix for.

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@Dialtone : Yes, I indeed misunderstood your post, and since I could not find Brkdncr post I went from yours. So, my apologies.

But as you just said, I do agree. Even if a person may feel they have wasted money, that is YOUR(The person's) opinion. I fail to understand why you are pushing that opinion on someone else, without any actual fact to support it.
Not a problem. Tracking a conversation on a forum is a challenge. I've spun off in a wrong direction an embarrassing amount of time over the years. Thanks for being cool about it.

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Exactly you have a 22, injen themselves are aware of the problem with 23+ and are working on a resolution to the codes, ford either changed the ecm’s in 23 or certain programming in it
I don't get why they would tweek the ECU that it would start throwing CEL from 22-23 though.
Is the PVC side reworked on the 23's and 24's
That's awesome!
Glad they were able to iron it out for you.
Did they give you any shit or say anything about the intake installation?

Sponsored

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't get why they would tweek the ECU that it would start throwing CEL from 22-23 though.
That's awesome!
Honestly I don’t know what the reasoning is but there is a known issue with the 23+ last I heard injen had a fix for it just doing some final testing, the op had a different issue that was installer error not to be confused with the other issue that is going on

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Honestly I don’t know what the reasoning is but there is a known issue with the 23+ last I heard injen had a fix for it just doing some final testing, the op had a different issue that was installer error not to be confused with the other issue that is going on
Yeah, it's crazy. I'm glad he figured it out. I love my #injen system. They need to send me that cat back system so I can see how it performs all together.

Cux211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 ram 2500 Laramie blackout cummins
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, it's crazy. I'm glad he figured it out. I love my #injen system. They need to send me that cat back system so I can see how it performs all together.
If they get the issue sorted i might use injens cai and pipping but I’m definitely going with awe exhaust

OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I run a Magnaflow exhaust system. I am waiting for the intercooler from Injen. Looks like it was pushed back though.

orekid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's awesome!
They gave me some grief for modding 6k miles in, then stroked my ego complimenting the overall install (...well played dealer, well played).

I've driven it 25 miles since pick up and no error codes. I also have an oil catch can but it's not dual. I will say, I am loving the sound of the turbo and can notice a performance impact. I will track the MPG effect over the next few weeks and post the results.

For my next mods, I am interested in the Injen charge pipes and an intercooler (waiting to see what Injen puts out).

A few questions others in this group have probably already answered for themselves...

Do these modifications (intercooler + charge pipes) impact the warranty in a meaningful way?

At what point is a tune required to actually realize the benefit of these mods?

Is the Ford ProCal tune more or less effective with these mods installed vs stock? From my research, the Ford tune does not seem very customizable so not sure if there is a better tune to work with mods?

With a CAI, intercooler and charge pipes, can you still safely run non-premium unleaded fuel?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ninjak

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A few questions others in this group have probably already answered for themselves...

Do these modifications (intercooler + charge pipes) impact the warranty in a meaningful way?

That kind to come with your dealer service department. My dealer knows I mod, I have several vehicles I have purchased and all were modded. The impact of the intercooler and charge pipes is minimal. They help to improve your vehicle performance.

At what point is a tune required to actually realize the benefit of these mods?

I had the procal installed after I installed the CAI. You would still get a benefit regardless if you did a tune. The mods make the engine more efficient even with the stock tune.

Is the Ford ProCal tune more or less effective with these mods installed vs stock? From my research, the Ford tune does not seem very customizable so not sure if there is a better tune to work with mods?

I have the Ford tune with the CAI, Charge Pipes, and Exhaust. The tune did make the system more efficient and effective.

With a CAI, intercooler and charge pipes, can you still safely run non-premium unleaded fuel?

I been using 93 (S.FL) for a while now. I had only used 87 when I first purchased my Bronco. I would think you could still use 87, the computer would adjust.

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thinking in foundation terms here.
But installing upgraded foundational mods.
Charge pipes, Let's say less restrictive intakes bigger intercooler.
So having those minor foundational upgrades.
Major foundational upgrades would be upgraded internals, bigger turbo's etc.
The minor foundational upgrades will allow you to still run that 87 octane.
Now I'm not going to say running 87 is not going or is going to see performance henderance one way or the other (it could). It could since the OEM system is designed for that sweet spot of production fuel economy, and reliability etc
But having said that you can run 87 with those mods UNTIL you tune it for the mods you have. Once you get into the fuel trims and boost and transmission shift points to take advantage of that larger volume of air you are bringing to the turbo and timing etc that's where you are going to them to make a choice. Do I want to always run 97 (which I do anyway) or do I want a canned piggy back tune or mild flash that is going to let me go back and forth.

Tyistick

Wildtrak
First Name
Tyi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Dr WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I always say this. Is the juice worth the squeeze baby!?
And upgrades are always worth the squeeze! I know others don't feel that way and that's o.k.
But as you get older in life and married and getting kids off to college and start down the back 9 it's the little things like laying on the ground pulling a bumper off and soldering wire connectors trying to make things as nice as possible you start chasing in between vacations and trying to stay alive.

orekid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thinking in foundation terms here.
But installing upgraded foundational mods.
Charge pipes, Let's say less restrictive intakes bigger intercooler.
So having those minor foundational upgrades.
Major foundational upgrades would be upgraded internals, bigger turbo's etc.
The minor foundational upgrades will allow you to still run that 87 octane.
Now I'm not going to say running 87 is not going or is going to see performance henderance one way or the other (it could). It could since the OEM system is designed for that sweet spot of production fuel economy, and reliability etc
But having said that you can run 87 with those mods UNTIL you tune it for the mods you have. Once you get into the fuel trims and boost and transmission shift points to take advantage of that larger volume of air you are bringing to the turbo and timing etc that's where you are going to them to make a choice. Do I want to always run 97 (which I do anyway) or do I want a canned piggy back tune or mild flash that is going to let me go back and forth.
That all makes sense and thanks for the explanations.. I learn so much here.

I have heard other folks mention bigger turbo's - is that an option for the Bronco at this point or would you need to get custom fab work done? Likely not in the picture for me anyway but am curious.

MWILD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 - BB Sasquatch - Mid - 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That all makes sense and thanks for the explanations.. I learn so much here.

I have heard other folks mention bigger turbo's - is that an option for the Bronco at this point or would you need to get custom fab work done? Likely not in the picture for me anyway but am curious.
Nope, the F150 2.7L Turbos will work from CRP, but you'll need a custom tune to take advantage of them. If you go Stage 5 then I'm thinking you'll need a built transmission too - lol

https://crpengineering.com/product/3-027-318/

The 2.7L Bronco will support straight E85 with a custom tune as well. The fuel system is the same as the 2018+ F150's with the 2.7L. . I'll be able to talk more about this soon enough ;)
Sponsored