Sponsored

Feedback for Performance Calibration for the 2.3L?

TUXBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a 2.3L BL on order, scheduled for production late next month. I've been researching and watching videos about those who have had the Performance Calibration done on their 2.3's, and the made for YouTube reviews seem to be positive overall, but I'm wondering if anyone here has had this installed, and what your overall impressions are for the performance boost? ~ $800 for an extra 30 HP on premium gas seems like a good deal to me. Thanks
Sponsored

Lak34ers

Big Bend
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have a 2.3L BL on order, scheduled for production late next month. I've been researching and watching videos about those who have had the Performance Calibration done on their 2.3's, and the made for YouTube reviews seem to be positive overall, but I'm wondering if anyone here has had this installed, and what your overall impressions are for the performance boost? ~ $800 for an extra 30 HP on premium gas seems like a good deal to me. Thanks
It is well worth it. Shop around should be in the $600 range with some B6G vendor discounts. Not only the horsepower especially on the 2.3 but the shifting is what really makes it so much better.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
$755 all together on Lethal here, and DIY is easy as hell.

It's not just 30hp/60tq, it's Auto Rev Matching, which makes my life easier and other goodies I haven't quite tapped into.

I only regret not doing it sooner. Took 30 mins tops, not even. Just open a window if you're girls outside and aim for early evening when it's cooler

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh, and welcome to the family

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

gtabert

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 gt350r / '65 f100 / '99 Silverado / '15 VW TDI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it worth the money spent. I find it odd most focus on the HP, you don't feel HP, you feel the 60 lb ft of torque, the grunt, that's what you need in an off road vehicle. HP is for high speed, these vehicles are not meant for drag strip top end speed. The more torque the greater thrill down low. I'll rarely need HP, I'm not planning on drag racing my Bronco for higher top end speed. That 60 lb ft is almost 20% gain, that's what makes this tune enjoyable. I like the rev matching feature, but it kinda takes some of the fun out of do it yourself heal toe downshifting, one of the reasons I like driving the manual. I'm thinking I may turn that off as it makes me a bit lazy, I'd hate to lose the art of the heal toe thrill. I've used premium from day one. to get all the factory power intended, if you are using regular now you lose the full engines potential, installing the tune and switching to premium will make that much bigger of a difference.

OP
OP
TUXBadlands

TUXBadlands

Badlands
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I find it worth the money spent. I find it odd most focus on the HP, you don't feel HP, you feel the 60 lb ft of torque, the grunt, that's what you need in an off road vehicle. HP is for high speed, these vehicles are not meant for drag strip top end speed. The more torque the greater thrill down low. I'll rarely need HP, I'm not planning on drag racing my Bronco for higher top end speed. That 60 lb ft is almost 20% gain, that's what makes this tune enjoyable. I like the rev matching feature, but it kinda takes some of the fun out of do it yourself heal toe downshifting, one of the reasons I like driving the manual. I'm thinking I may turn that off as it makes me a bit lazy, I'd hate to lose the art of the heal toe thrill. I've used premium from day one. to get all the factory power intended, if you are using regular now you lose the full engines potential, installing the tune and switching to premium will make that much bigger of a difference.
Appreciate the thorough feedback. Thank you!

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone seeing a sale on these for the holiday? Best I've found is just under $692 shipped.

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
100% worth it. I installed mine at about 2200 miles and have 7000 on it now and it’s been awesome. Normal mode is like sport mode without the tune and the shift points with the tranny are so much better than the factory standard. Another bonus is it remembers that your auto stop is off and you never have to worry about it again unless you turn it back off. MPG better too and I do use 93 Octane every fill up.

spuddy59

Base
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Anyone seeing a sale on these for the holiday? Best I've found is just under $692 shipped.
Levittown Ford at $660 plus change shipped with "5OFF" code. It's the cheapest I found online and where I ordered mine. Got to my door within a week if I remember correctly.

Ford Bronco Feedback for Performance Calibration for the 2.3L? Capture.JPG

DDraht

Outer Banks
First Name
greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone feel the need to install the Ford Performance air oil separator when adding the tune? Ford Perf. sent me an email response saying it was a good idea?

JunitoNo1

Badlands
First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Levittown Ford at $660 plus change shipped with "5OFF" code. It's the cheapest I found online and where I ordered mine. Got to my door within a week if I remember correctly.

Ford Bronco Feedback for Performance Calibration for the 2.3L? Capture.JPG
Wow, thanks for that link. Never heard of this site. Cheapest by far, $655 and no tax?! I'm gonna buy it, finally!

Weissco

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 YJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Purchased from Levittown Ford. Well worth it. Makes normal mode bearable. Even eco isn't the dog it was before the tune. Gas mileage is up at least 2mpg as well. Good times.
Sponsored