Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Have not heard back from them yet 🤬🤬🤬.. I will be calling them back in the early morning.. We need to get this sorted out.. Let me know if you figure it out before I report back tomorrow..
Sponsored

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Have not heard back from them yet 🤬🤬🤬.. I will be calling them back in the early morning.. We need to get this sorted out.. Let me know if you figure it out before I report back tomorrow..
staying tuned for this

Bigfx

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Any update?

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will be trying it this evening.. Gave them my vin number.. They supposedly will work.. We shall see..

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I will be trying it this evening.. Gave them my vin number.. They supposedly will work.. We shall see..
no go for me, was told CA for 2023 not supported, seems like they locked down as someone in this thread installed it on a 2022 which did not have CARB In CA.

apparently doesn’t matter where you live as CA delivery has different emissions requirements so appears that they are enforcing it until it’s approved.

I sent one more email to see if they will allow the update, we will see.

Also for CA owners, I checked with ARB and it’s not approved and no timeline either. Only Ford person with the EO# can check the status and nobody from Ford in the know has done that and shared the date.

Apparently it has to be signed by ARB executive officer before it is officially approved.

Hard to imagine the CA maps will be the same given stringent requirements in CA, and I doubt Ford will share or publish performance map differences.

Seems like best option for 2023 today is VRtuned + Pedal Commander or wait like the 2022 MY have been for CA Carb approval. +54hp and 100lb torque.

I am hoping some with CA delivered 2023s can get it soon.

Sponsored

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I am in the same boat, just plugged it in and got the same exact message "unsupported Vehicle" What did Ford have to say about it?
Maybe the programmers are a bad batch?
I got the same message. Did change my tire rpm for 39’s though

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the same message. Did change my tire rpm for 39’s though
It’s getting pretty annoying on my end.. Tried reloading everything and starting over.. Got the same message again!! Unsupported vehicle.. Will be on the phone again tomorrow morning… I didn’t want an 800 dollar paper weight 🤬🤬.. Keep me updated if you get it figured out.. Thanks, Scott

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Spoke with FP and it’s either operator error (the tech had the handheld plugged into the laptop and car at the same time), the download wasn’t updated prior to attempting to install or my pcm isn’t showing up (which is rare but does happen according to FP). Heading to the dealership in an hour to try to get it sorted.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

When I uploaded the performance tune to the procal, I had to completely update the procal first. It went through 2-3 updates and then I could back up my stock tune and load the performance tune to the procal. Then the mechanic had zero issues installing the tune. Not sure if this helps or not but make sure that the procal gets updated completely!

Sponsored

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the updates.. I’m hearing it’s on Fords end with not getting all the 23 vins into the system so it can work.. Time will tell if this is the issue I’m having..

Gotchaa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s getting pretty annoying on my end.. Tried reloading everything and starting over.. Got the same message again!! Unsupported vehicle.. Will be on the phone again tomorrow morning… I didn’t want an 800 dollar paper weight 🤬🤬.. Keep me updated if you get it figured out.. Thanks, Scott
So, something really dumb was this issue. If your PC/Laptop is on a network that blocks ICMP, or pinging to Google DNS 8.8.8.8, the procal tool will not try to DL the firmware update or download the performance file. It’s a pretty crappy program design.

If you get an error message that says PC not connected to network when you first plug in the USB to your computer, that is the first problem you have to solve.

Best test is plug it in, open a command prompt, and ping 8.8.8.8, if you get no reply, change your network connection, use a hotspot, or modify your windows or router settings to allow ICMP.

They store their data in Azure cloud.

If pinging 8.8.8.8 works, this is not your problem and Ford has to add your VIN/device to their DB, call the Ford Performance Tech Line.

scotman623

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy LT Trail boss
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, something really dumb was this issue. If your PC/Laptop is on a network that blocks ICMP, or pinging to Google DNS 8.8.8.8, the procal tool will not try to DL the firmware update or download the performance file. It’s a pretty crappy program design.

If you get an error message that says PC not connected to network when you first plug in the USB to your computer, that is the first problem you have to solve.

Best test is plug it in, open a command prompt, and ping 8.8.8.8, if you get no reply, change your network connection, use a hotspot, or modify your windows or router settings to allow ICMP.

If pinging 8.8.8.8 works, this is not your problem and Ford has to add your VIN/device to their DB, call the Ford Performance Tech Line.
This is very helpful information my friend.. I will look into this now and report back on my findings.. Thanks, Scott

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Very useful! Azure is Microsoft, but they’re using Google DNS. :unsure:

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

This is so frustrating. I don’t own a PC but I’ve borrowed 2, tried two different Wi-Fi networks and have spent over an hour at the dealership (who is trying but has never done it before) to update something I just bought and STILL can’t update it!!!! Why would you sell something that doesn’t have current software?!? Ford Performance tech told me they are not computer or windows savvy so they can’t help WTF?!? I have a PC, it’s not in S mode and I can’t get this stupid thing to update. Sorry for the rant but it’s frustrating af. I’d like to get this done this weekend but there’s no tech support on the weekends. And “pinging”8.8.8.8 shows that my laptop of internet if some stupid pc shit isn’t set up properly for this upgrade. I’m at a loss
Sponsored