Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5 early broncos, AGM Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I got my Everglades almost a month ago and had planned to put 37’s on it and do some suspension mods on the stock wheels. But after getting it home I realized the squared fenders may allow me to go bigger. Do I need 38’s or 39’s? No, probably not and it may cause more problems than it’s worth but eh. I put 35” Terra Grapplers on my ‘21 Z71 Suburban when everyone told me I couldn’t. Had to do some mods but wasn’t that hard and 35,000 miles later, no issues.

This won‘t be a full on trail rig built to tackle the toughest obstacles with a bunch of people watching with their phones out but the idea is a multi purpose trail rig capable of going wherever I need it to when I need it to. Life’s an adventure so I want my Bronco to be able to keep up. Road trips are as much in its future as trails and overlanding. Maybe even some Baja desert runs. I also want it to look good doing it so I pulled the grille and flares and sent them to the body shop to have them color matched. Might do the top as well. The grille will only be the outer edge as I feel it ties it in better to the body lines. I should have these back from the body shop on Friday so I’ll post some update pics once they’re back on. Later this month it gets Eibach coil overs, Icon tubular arms, fab tech tie rod kit and adjustable trac bar. Once Carli comes out with theirs I may upgrade. Warn Jackhammer wheels are on order and should be in by the time the suspension goes on. I’d love to keep the factory Everglades wheels on but I’d have to run a spacer and the Warn wheels are only 27lbs which will help with the tires and offset. They also look like a more aggressive Everglades wheel and are the same color. Once the suspension is on I will first test fit Patagonia 38x13.5x17 on the stock wheels (and some spacers) and then on the Warns with the 0mm offset. I will also try 39x12.5x17 Kantani’s on both wheels. I’ve read both good and bad things on these tires so we’ll see. Worse case scenario I’ll end up with the 39“ BFG’s but they’re just so damn expensive!!! I’m hoping with the extra clearance of the squared fenders I won’t have to do more than the normal modifications to clear 37’s as it should be close to the same as running 37’s on standard rounded fenders. No need to explain to me the inherent problems I will face as I’ve done plenty of research on what it takes. Other stuff like audio mods, RTT and lighting planned but this is a quick snap shot of what’s happening this month for now. And yes, the 2.3 will be fine but definitely I will do a tune, exhaust and downpipe when available.
Ford Bronco AGM Everglades on 38’s.  New suspension mods C3FCA9E5-7439-4829-B1E4-13A88D973267
Ford Bronco AGM Everglades on 38’s.  New suspension mods 4653D931-18DB-4BA1-BEE7-20D9B63F6604

Ford Bronco AGM Everglades on 38’s.  New suspension mods 1CFC9C08-8C79-40D2-BACE-77F99CCAE9B2

Ford Bronco AGM Everglades on 38’s.  New suspension mods 2A5E0293-1B87-4826-9BA5-F5F953B3E6B8

Ford Bronco AGM Everglades on 38’s.  New suspension mods 9480A72E-A9C8-403F-93BB-2DC0E39BF7AA
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
AGM Everglades

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Wheels came in today. 39’s are waiting at the shop. Icon UCA’s came in last week. Unfortunately suspension won’t go on for another couple weeks.
5850C709-4377-493D-9F40-208667FF43DE.jpeg
9D73CE4C-9D92-496C-BC36-B8B27FF62F9A.jpeg

Sponsored
OP
OP
AGM Everglades

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

My bad… you DID say 39s!!
Haha, yeah I’m gonna try. Bought 5 39’s but I have a single 38 to try as well. The 39’s are 12.5 and the 38’s are 13.5 wide so we’ll see what works. The biggest issue with the 39’s will be weight. They are 87lbs and E rated. My wheels are lighter than factory but the new wheel/tire combo will be 25lbs heavier than factory. The 38’s is C rated and lighter but still heavier than factory.

NORCALGXP

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm watching! Best to you.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Smoothed and painted flares and outside of grille painted. Going on tomorrow.
Ford Bronco AGM Everglades on 38’s.  New suspension mods 9D73CE4C-9D92-496C-BC36-B8B27FF62F9A
Ford Bronco AGM Everglades on 38’s.  New suspension mods 9D73CE4C-9D92-496C-BC36-B8B27FF62F9A
Hey AGM Everglades,
Nice designs on your new Bronco. I can't wait to see how the 39"s look. A question for you regarding your painted flares. I have been entertaining this idea and am curious, if you don't mind, as to what the cost was to do this?

OP
OP
AGM Everglades

AGM Everglades

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

Hey AGM Everglades,
Nice designs on your new Bronco. I can't wait to see how the 39"s look. A question for you regarding your painted flares. I have been entertaining this idea and am curious, if you don't mind, as to what the cost was to do this?

It was expensive. First of all, I’m in LA and everything body and paint costs more. The shop I use is my go to for my classics and new cars. They have a 66 U13 of mine that’s undergoing a full frame off restoration.

I say all that for context. They do quality work and I trust them. When I first called them and asked they guessed $150-$200 per flare. Ended up being $375 per flare. A lot more labor than they originally thought to get them perfectly smooth. They didn’t charge me for the grille. But I’d do it again as it’s completely changed the look of the bronco. They also applied a heavy amount of clear for protection.

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It was expensive. First of all, I’m in LA and everything body and paint costs more. The shop I use is my go to for my classics and new cars. They have a 66 U13 of mine that’s undergoing a full frame off restoration.

I say all that for context. They do quality work and I trust them. When I first called them and asked they guessed $150-$200 per flare. Ended up being $375 per flare. A lot more labor than they originally thought to get them perfectly smooth. They didn’t charge me for the grille. But I’d do it again as it’s completely changed the look of the bronco. They also applied a heavy amount of clear for protection.
I would say that amount does not strike me as out of line, especially since it looks like they did an excellent job. Nice to have a go to place that you trust with your '66 U13! Much appreciate the insight, and I look forward to seeing your Bronco evolve into the finished product!
Sponsored